MIT Enterprise Forum NYC Presents: Driving Consumer Adoption of Mobile Content
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012
Citigroup Center, 601 Lexington Ave. 14 Floor, New York, NY 10022
Mobile content no longer means simply remote access to digital content from a laptop or browser-based access from a mobile device. Today, it`s technology-enabled content designed from the beginning to deliver an optimized user experience on a smartphone or tablet. And demand for content that is mobile by default is exploding along with demand for smart phones and tablets. Tablet sales alone are forecast to blow past PC sales by 2015.
What is mobile content? A new kind of market offering - mobile apps, mobile news and information, mobile games, mobile images, mobile music, mobile video and TV, mobishows and cellsodes. And like all innovations, mobile content faces challenges in winning users and buyers.
- With manufacturers in control of your distribution channels, what techniques can you use to manage distribution? What are some of the app store mechanics and tricks?
- What is the role of the platform? What are your platform choices? What are the pros and cons of each? Is HTML5 really taking off?
- How do you find users? In a market that`s already crowded, how do you break through the noise? How can you go viral? How can you make use of recommendation engines and app discover services? How much advertising do you need? What kinds? What can you do to drive
word-of-mouth? What PR? What events?
- What business models work best? What are the pros and cons of various revenue models?
These and other issues will be addressed by a panel of industry experts.
- Somak Chattopadhyay, Partner, Tribeca Venture Partners
- Rahul Bafna, Sr. Director, Product Management, Mobile Advertising, Flurry
- Soraya Darabi, Co-Founder, Foodspotting
- Nihal Mehta, CEO, LocalResponse
- Julia Schulhof, Director of Product, App Lab at Hearst Magazines
- Benjamin Stein, Co-Founder and CTO of Mobile Commons
Free to members of MIT Enterprise Forum, all members and guests are welcome!
$50 non-members, $10 extra at door
601 Lexington Ave. 14 Floor
New York, NY 10022
(Lexington Ave. Entrance)