BuzzFeed is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, digital executive with a passion for content-driven advertising to lead our UK business. In this role as General Manager, you will lead the expansion of BuzzFeeds UK business & be responsible for monetizing the BuzzFeed UK site, brands, properties & audience that our team of editors has grown significantly since its launch in late 2013.
As the most senior business person in the UK, you will define the vision for the business, & develop a plan to execute upon that vision -- which will include developing new revenue streams through partnerships or product modifications & new products. You will work closely with our product, creative service, & client service teams to ensure that programs are implemented to maximum long-term client satisfaction. You will attract & retain the talent required to deliver upon the revenue vision, liaising with our editorial team as needed. You should have a track record of success & an entrepreneurial leaning that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products.
- Act as general manager representing the needs of 70+ employees
- Work with key stakeholders, develop near & long-term revenue vision for UK market
- Functionally lead a 30+ person team in order to execute on the vision.
- Introduce our products to brands & agencies in UK through meetings, speaking opportunities, & written materials
- Reach & exceed country level revenue goals
- Prospect, penetrate & create new relationships with advertising agencies & clients
- Develop C-level relationships with clients, agencies, platforms, & partners
- Provide feedback to our product & business teams about in-market needs
- Attract & retain top talent
- Collaborate with our UK editorial team to introduce sponsorship opportunities around new editorial launches
- Represent BuzzFeed to the business community
- Identify & understand trends within social media
- Strong focus on being able to analyze data & use it to effectively grow the business
- Previous experience working in digital sales
- Must have prior experience managing teams
- Experience at a leading publisher or social media platform in the United Kingdom
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through discovering, prospecting, creating new business & growing & retaining existing business
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills & an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- An understanding of social ad products like Facebook Sponsored Stories & Promoted Tweets
- Passionate about social advertising & new media
- Demonstrable knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Ability to work in a fast moving company & industry
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program
No shortage of snacks, beverages, birthday treats, & more!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.