Engineering Manager, UI & Backend Platform team
As an Engineering manager, you will be leading a team of talented developers responsible for building the scalable platforms that serve as the foundations of the systems enabling clients to successfully setup & operate DoubleVerifys rich suite of products. You will be responsible for developing frameworks used to generate client facing screens & the back-end services handling the business logic of those products. You will be responsible for developing scalable & reliable backend services & provide a UX flawless experience in terms of responsiveness, ease of use & functionality. You will be closely coordinating & working with multiple development, product & Client Services teams.
This position is full-time & located in our New York City headquarters office.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for mentoring, coaching & leading a team of 2-4 engineers.
- Perform, design, code reviews, & guide engineers to create state of the art software.
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor & operate robust micro-services built with .Net Core & Java integrated with Salesforce, databases, internal APIs & additional systems.
- Continuously analyze the entire user configuration system flow to define & implement system improvements that for increased scale, stability, & ease of future feature development
- Learn the ad tech industry as a whole, understand the business needs of each new feature, collaborating with product owners & end users to achieve the desired behaviors.
- Design, develop & document APIs to be used by partners & other development teams.
- Work in continuous development & integration cycles by utilizing a micro-frontend & microservices backend architectures with automated packaging & deployments.
- Work in a fast paced, agile environment, collaborating with team members & Product Managers on a daily basis & participating in product meetings.
Who you are:
- Love what you do & are passionate about crafting clean code & have a steady foundation
- 5+ years of programming experience in coding
- At least 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role including mentoring team members (2+ years preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience programming in C# or Java.
- Experience working with relational databases, including schema design & data analysis
- Experience with building fully automated CI/CD pipelines for front & back end components
- Experience with REST APIs & web-based APIs
- Excellent communication skills & a team player