We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, & confidencecritical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, & volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes & make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a technology company providing team management, scorekeeping, & live fan experiences that keep athletes connected with the team community. With GameChanger, coaches & parents can organize & follow their athletes journey in a simple & powerful way.
Were headquartered in downtown Manhattan & are proud to be part of the DICKS Sporting Goods family.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to embed within a cross-functional team alongside product, engineering, marketing, & design. In this role, youll develop metrics & generate insights to help guide decision-making, with the goal of building better products. The Data Analyst role is perfect for someone who is curious & creative, with the ability to learn new skills to get the job done. Youll use & grow your excellent collaboration & communication skills to translate business questions into data questions, & then deliver findings to broad audiences.
- Own the measurement of new product features, transforming the data in the warehouse, & reporting the results
- Work with product managers to define meaningful metrics
- Build data visualizations & dashboards that clearly communicate findings
- Identify opportunities for experimentation & recommend appropriate methodology
- Generate hypotheses for future product features
- Translate ad-hoc requests into reusable data tools that can scale to answer broader questions
- Mentor cross-functional teammates to level up as consumers & users of data
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) that includes some quantitative coursework (economics, statistics, research methods, etc.)
- 2+ years in a cross-functional or stakeholder-focused data role
- Proficiency writing SQL & working with relational databases
- Experience with BI tools (we use Looker) & data visualization
- Excellent written, verbal, & graphic communication skills with both technical & non-technical colleagues
- Cross-functional experience at a consumer software company
- Knowledge of statistical concepts (experimental design, confidence intervals, regression analysis, causal inference, A/B testing)
- Some proficiency in Python, R, TypeScript, or other scripting languages
- Version control & GitHub
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Flexible full-time remote & occasional work from home options.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, & coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy.
- Well-furnished, modern office with a rich supply of snacks & drinks.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Learning opportunities including clubs, lunch tech talks, conference attendance, & participation in hack days.
- Organized lunches & team outings.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.