Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
This role is a key leadership position within a fun, supportive & hard-working Commercial Legal Team, who manage strategic client agreements for the European business. This Team is part of a larger Legal & Regulatory Division (including, competition, UK regulatory, EU regulatory specialists), which has consistently had some of the highest engagement scores & prides itself on a creative, can-do approach.
The role works closely with Visa's account management team, supporting client bids & negotiating & driving client deals through to conclusion. These deals are high profile & central to Visa's business, & as such will guarantee exposure to Visa's senior management. The deals will support Visa's core business, as well as setting the framework for Visa's position at the cutting edge of new payment technologies, innovation & fintech.
What we expect of you, day to day...
- Provide strategic direction & leadership for the legal team managing client contracts, to ensure optimal legal terms for client engagements.
Lead contract negotiations on deals with Visa's biggest European clients.
Draft, review, negotiate & advise on a wide range of client contracts, including supervision of other lawyers.
Provide expert advice on competition/anti-trust, data protection & other regulatory issues in client agreements, & liaise when necessary with internal members of the Legal & Regulatory Division, and/or external counsel.
- Identify the need for external legal advice & engage appropriate outside counsel on a range of legal issues across Visa's European region.
- Management of outside counsel, including budgets.
- Work with other Visa departments across the globe to ensure contracts & advice accurately reflects business needs & policies as they develop.
- Manage & develop of a small team of lawyers dedicated to the client deals identified above.
- Manage, develop & maintain relationships to facilitate the effective delivery of legal advice & assistance.
- Proactively contribute to the Legal & Regulatory Division's planning, cohesion, consistency in advice, & the general efficiency & effectiveness of the division as a whole.
What we're after...
- Qualified lawyer with previous experience in a commercial legal environment. We will consider candidates who have qualified in other jurisdictions
- Strong academics & training, including legal drafting & negotiating, & relationship management.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills along with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal & external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as on own initiative.
- Ability to prioritise & manage a varied & busy workload.
- Positive attitude, high level of integrity & intellectual curiosity.
- Fluent in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.