WHO ARE WE:
The Growth team is responsible for scaling the organization through marketing & advertising.We are the engine that brings the company new customers in order to make ALL the dogs happy. Our team is close-knit - we like to have fun & joke around, & we're often found nerding out on consumer behavior. If you find the challenge of reaching new dog parents online (and elsewhere) fun, come join us! Also if you know a good dad joke or two, that's a plus.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
Do digital marketing & paid social advertising make you howl? Does targeting dog lovers with quirky, irreverent creative sound like fun? If you answered yes to these questions, we should chat.
BARK is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs. The Marketing Manager will help run a variety of paid acquisition channels on Barkbox, Superchewer & Bright Dental. This role will focus on search engine marketing, display & discovery advertising, YouTube advertising, & other test channels such as TV & OTT.
We're looking for a growth hacker who can manage the tools themselves & not rely on agencies. Somebody who wants to contribute consistently & learn everyday. Somebody who is an analytical, hard-working digital campaign junkie that gets your fix by analyzing/optimizing campaigns, rolling out new creative & copy, identifying new ways to scale, & looking for ways to drive down CPAs across multiple channels. Somebody with a proven testing methodology, & ability to provide detailed reporting on a daily basis.
Naturally curious & self-motivated team members thrive at Bark. This list is not comprehensive, & we hope youll seek out even more ways to make an impact, but here are some initial expectations of this role:
- You'll help set up, launch, optimize & efficiently scale campaigns in Google Ads & other test channels.
- Youll drive measurable new growth in these channels & be able to evaluate each opportunity & test, communicate results, & double down on high performing campaigns.
- You'll aid in the testing of new digital channels.
- You'll provide daily reporting on performance & analysis of how to improve.
- Youll provide detailed analysis of creative performance & adeptly share finding with the greater team to inform strategy.
- You'll manage budget & drive revenue & conversion on ads.
We are looking for someone who can assist in the growth of Google Ads & other channels, the ideal candidate has hands on, technical experience in these channels from strategy & production to media-buying & execution. The quantity of your experience is not nearly as important as the quality!
- 1-3 years of experience in e-commerce startup/media buying agency scaling paid marketing channels & platforms, with Google Search as your primary expertise. Experience in the platform is a must.
- Youre genuinely curious & passionate about marketing & staying current with new ways to reach customers
- Good eye for being able to convey to a designer what type of social ads work & working knowledge of creating your own.
- Experience with photoshop, gif creation, ad copy skills is a plus but not needed.
- You are obsessed with making dogs happy & healthy
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- You have great communication skills & are able to clearly explain & document plans & results to your team & the wider organization
- Strong knowledge of paid search, shopping, display, discovery, & YouTube advertising is a must.
- Expert knowledge of Excel: pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
- Strong understanding of site analytics & landing page optimization.
- Strong understanding of paid media attribution, experience with Google analytics is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail. Data should speak to you.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.