Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
Deliver visibility for WorldRemit as a leader in the digital money transfer business, with a primary focus on Africa & North America.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A can-do proactive PR manager & storyteller who builds cross-functional relationships from Product to Commercial & Customer Service in order to identify compelling stories from product developments to business announcements as well as internal communications opportunities to support the company narrative. As a part of the broader Brand & Communications team, youll work to develop assets including, but not limited to, press releases, blogs, videos, whitepapers, social media content, case studies, webinars, & op-eds.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is motivated to work in a global company with a strong sense of social purpose, & is accustomed to delivering impactful media coverage across different markets.
- Support communications objectives & issues management across areas including but not limited to corporate responsibility, sustainability, innovation, community development, diversity & inclusion
- Collaborate with all members of the Marketing team to develop key messaging for stories, creative concepts for stunts & activities & capture media attention.
- Monitor, analyse & communicate PR results on a weekly basis.
- Create & manage the internal & external communication & stakeholder engagement plan in support of CSR programmes
- Devise & implement communications goals, strategies, & tactical PR campaigns & programmes that increase awareness of our social impact
- Manage content planning, development & amplification in coordination with team, & work with stakeholders internally & externally to obtain, develop & approve content
- Create proactive/reactive messaging, blog posts, social media posts, & Q&As for announcements, partnerships, events & profiles.
- Write press releases & pitching stories across multiple global markets, with a particular focus on emerging markets in key African countries as well as North America
- Occasional international travel to support product launches, business developments, & events
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced corporate environment including experience working in a role with a robust digital or social media component
- Budget & agency management experience
- First-class writing skills - op eds, news stories & press releases
- Social media savvy- with experience of repackaging messaging across different platforms.
- Strong global business knowledge, & knowledge of emerging markets, specifically Africa
- Strong commercial focus; external awareness of market/industry/regulatory issues within the fintech/digital industry
- Knowledge of key media tools & database for research & dissemination
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail & an innate ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once
- Strong experience working in at a PR role at a consumer tech firm, or in an agency where youve led accounts & been instrumental in the clients success
- Strong media relationships with top tier business, technology, vertical, & general press as well as demonstrated ability to hustle to build new contacts.
- Experience of securing coverage in key emerging markets for example, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Guatemala, Mexico.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organisation
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday afternoon tea drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code.