Squarespace is looking for an accomplished Payroll Specialist to join our Payroll function to meet the needs of our growing company. You will work on our Finance team & partner with People Operations & Legal.
The Finance Team builds compliant processes that ensure seamless support of our growing organization. As the next member of our team, your work will support this through the preparation, distribution, & reporting of our payroll.
You will report to our Payroll & Compliance Manager & can be based out of our New York headquarters or remotely in an approved location.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To...
- Providing accurate & efficient payroll processing of a 1,500+ growing global workforce, this currently includes three US payrolls & six International
- Manage batch input spreadsheets for upload into payroll system. Must be able to take a spreadsheet & format it for proper upload into the payroll system.
- Process pre payroll checklists including audits & balancing - prior to submitting final payroll.
- Payment of special transactions such as off cycle payments, retroactive pay, garnishments, & other statutory deductions
- Reconcile W-2 forms to ensure accurate entry of all compensation transactions, & quarterly Federal & State returns & amendments
- Help audit employee records in HRIS (Workday & ADP WorkforceNow), in partnership with HR Generalists & Finance, to ensure they are accurate & up-to-date
- Resolve all payroll discrepancies, process semi-weekly adjustments, & answer employee inquiries
- Prepare 401(k) balancing & funding
- Coordinate with Accounting team to provide pay period end close activities & requests
- Partner with Payroll Manager & supporting departments to help with opportunities to test & automate current processes that promote efficiency & streamlining payroll processes
- Perform other duties & special projects as assigned or as responsibilities dictate
Who We're Looking For
- Experience in Federal, State, & Local labor laws, payroll tax requirements, payroll regulations & industry changes that affect payroll operations
- Experience with payroll systems (Workday, ADP WorkforceNow, ADP SmartCompliance)
- Proven hands-on experience with a strong work ethic & exceptional attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced Excel/Google Sheets proficiency & ability to work with large datasets
- Experience processing end-to-end payroll at a small to mid sized organization
- Capability to handle confidential & sensitive information
- A deep understanding of Payroll practices, legislation & regulation
- Experience working in global, multi-state private & public companies
- Certified Payroll Professional certification (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll certification FPC
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $57,000 - $97,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, qualifications & experience, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.