Were hiring a Senior Engineer for our Tech Platform team. Youll join our team of 4 Engineers & a Technical Program Managers with the mission to make glossier.coms infrastructure fast, reliable, & efficient.
The Tech Platform team is responsible for Glossiers site reliability, performance, & security. On a given day, you may pair with other engineers to ensure a service degrades gracefully during expected failure modes; build tooling to keep our CI/CD pipeline fast & reliable; run load testing to ensure services meet our performance & capacity expectations; & facilitate a blameless learning review.
As a senior engineer, youll be a role model for inclusivity & mindful communication, as you look for ways to improve our effectiveness & engender a positive culture.
6 Month Expectations:
- Contribute to major projects, like pre-generated pages to improve performance & site reliability, next-gen deployment tooling so we can own our availability & more quickly recover from production incidents, & a multi-region AWS strategy.
- Find & fix capacity bottlenecks ahead of Black Friday, our biggest sales day.
- Set personal & professional development goals. Our Engineering Ladder is publicly available, & is a useful tool to help support the growth of our team.
12 Month Expectations:
- Identify & ship impactful projects aligned with the Platform teams mission of accelerating the product development cycle while meeting ever higher resiliency & security objectives.
- Be a flag-bearer of our diverse & inclusive culture.
Skills & Qualifications
- Several years experience designing & implementing production infrastructure on AWS
- Familiarity maintaining high-performance datastores (we use Postgres on RDS, Redis, & DynamoDB)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools & workflows, especially CloudFormation or Terraform.