Based out of San Francisco, this role requires someone skilled at providing creative thinking to help identify & develop cutting-edge strategies for increasing value & reducing outside legal spend, while maintaining excellent legal representation & optimizing engagement practices with our law firms.
This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company & offers exposure to a wide variety of issues with the opportunity for advancement & growth.You will be a part of our legal team that works cross-functionally to help achieve Asanas ambitious mission of enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. Were a tight-knit, collaborative group responsible for supporting all teams throughout the organization to ensure they have the resources they need to be successful while likewise protecting Asanas core values & interests.
What youll achieve
- Global eBilling & Law Firm Relationship Oversight:
- Select, implement, oversee, optimize, & manage eBilling program in partnership with Finance & other key stakeholders.
- Manage outside law firms to ensure compliance with billing guidelines, including adherence to negotiated rates & specified billing practices.
- Define metrics for increased visibility & insight into law firm performance.
- Own end-to-end law firm onboarding including but not limited to engagement letters, vendor forms, & opening POs & providing payment details.
- Work with team leaders to identify & implement policies & practices to optimize the efficiency of external legal spend.
- Negotiate predictable fee arrangements.
- Responsible for monthly review/audit of our legal invoices, including accruals & spend report preparation with finance.
- Provide first line support to vendors in submitting invoices through the eBilling system.
- Tools, Technology & Process Management:
- Identify & implement process improvements & solutions around department systems, technologies & controls.
- Define centralized resources that are well-maintained & accurate to assist new legal team members with onboarding
- Create short & long term operations roadmaps supporting legal practice areas; including contract management & analytics, IP management, business process improvements, e-signature, board management tool, entity & compliance & eBilling
- Communication, Collaboration & Change Management:
- Assist with efforts to improve & coordinate legal team on-boarding, continuing education & other training programs.
- Develop online resources & internal legal staff training for contract management, eBilling, etc
- Be a champion for a better, faster & simpler way of doing things.
- Appy original, innovative thinking & continuous improvement to processes, products, systems, or services & manage change to better service customer needs.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or relevant experience
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in legal operations, as a paralegal, or in similar roles as well as have experience with program or project management at a technology company or in law firm operations
- Strong organizational & coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning & cross-functional collaboration & partnerships with IT, Finance & PeopleOps.
- Comfortable working with & around technology.
- Able to make decisions & move projects forward, sometimes with limited information.
- Comfortable working within an environment where transparency is the norm.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills as well as strong communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership & interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently & as part of a team.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, & veteran status, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.