Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africas most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Cairo & Kampala, Andela is catalysing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Team:
Andelas Learning Technology team helps our engineers behave consistently & predictably across every aspect of an engagement. Learning Tech products combine ideas from behavioural, learning & management science to measure & improve engineer communication, velocity & work quality. While our name implies a focus on training, in reality training is just one tool we use. We also build systems that scaffold work in real time. Examples of products weve built:
- A time management app which detects when a developer is blocked on a task & automatically opens communications with people who can help.
- A system to measure organic practice of technical skills by parsing a developers git history.
- A tool to generate targeted practice projects for granular skills, based on commits from the history of a live product.
About the Role:
As a Senior PM on Learning Technology youll own the full development of products which impact revenue by helping our engineers exceed their clients expectations. To do this youll need to work with stakeholders from across the business:
- Sales & Client Success Managers to understand the needs of our clients
- Client Engineers to understand their behavioural blockers
- Curriculum Developers & Trainers to coordinate execution of supplementary programs.
- Learning Technology Engineers & Designers to rapidly iterate on products
- Marketing managers to go-to-market both internally & externally
Youll need to be deeply curious about both user research & business operations looking for ways to leverage the needs & desires of our customers & engineers to create business value.
Youll also be expected to act as a product management thought leader at Andela. You will mentor less experienced PMs across the company. You will be expected to think critically & constructively about existing PM practices & take action to improve them.
The ideal candidate has deep experience with:
- Discovering new product opportunities within a fast growing company
- Resolving the uncertainty associated with high level business objectives through experimentation & rapid iteration.
- Working with cross functional teams that include more than just designers, engineers & PMs
- Working with distributed teams
- Agile software delivery
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, & a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.