Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times, & many more global enterprises.
- Identifying & evangelizing technologies that will continuously improve (and at times transform) our engineering & operational landscape
- Providing technical leadership & help us move to Total Ownership
- Provide evangelism & mentorship of DevOps principles & skills to the greater engineering team
- Designing & deploying new infrastructures using cutting edge technologies
- Helping to transform our architecture to container-based micro-services (including the SDLC toolchain)
- Working on scrum teams alongside developers & product managers to drive operational excellence of our existing infrastructure while evangelizing an operational focus on new projects
- You will be responsible for the management, monitoring & availability of all databases used by the application
- Solid expertise managing SQL & NoSQL databases on prem or in the cloud
- Solid expertise with MySQL databases
- Thorough understanding of system architecture & design
- Experience working with databases in distributed environment
- Extensive AWS experience (EC2, S3, etc)
- Proficient with GAE & GCP environments, with experience working with Cloud Datastore & Cloud SQL
- Proficient in Ruby or Python or other high level languages
- Commuter & transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch & dinner on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay & deductible. HMO, PPO, & HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, & vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy & seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team & having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.