As a software engineering II at YCharts, you'd join our growing engineering team & work on large scale projects that affect billions of dollars in assets. Along the way, you'd help us solve interesting technical problems on the backend related to processing & analyzing financial data & tough frontend challenges in building high-performance responsive web applications. Our ideal candidate has some programming experience & is eager to learn new skills & technologies.
- Code in Python(Django, Celery, Airflow, etc) to build new features for & improve our large-scale, financial data web application.
- Implement dynamic, front-end interfaces with AngularJS, Redux, Webpack, SCSS.
- Plan projects with our team of engineers.
- Review code across our team.
- Help interview new engineering talent.
- At least 2 years of programming experience (preferably in Python but not required)
- Experience developing web applications (preferably in the context of a web framework) & a fundamental understanding of web concepts.
- Familiarity with Python & some best practices.
- Familiarity with databases & data store.
- Familiarity with data distributed processing (Celery, Airflow, etc)
- Competitive salary
- Generous amount of time off
- Great health insurance
- Sunny, spacious office in Chelsea
- Fridge stocked with food & drinks
- Fancy espresso machine / coffee supply
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Work from home policy
- Company Outtings
- Relaxed company culture (no dress code, flexible hours, etc)