About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
Stores at Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway has been at the cutting edge of brick-and-mortar retail for many years, experimenting with various concepts including appointment studios, dream closets, & pop ups. Our retail stores are the ultimate extension of our closetless vision - serving as inventory hubs & last mile fulfillment, pick up & drop off centers, appointment studios, & event & community space. We have a growing footprint of 5 retail closets across key markets in the United States.
RTR stores are powered by seamless technology that enables us to provide white glove customer service - including self service fulfillment, an innovative fitting room experience, & QR code customer identification. While we are passionate about technology, the heart & soul of Rent the Runway is in our team. Our retail teams are full of passionate, customer-centric individuals who are obsessed with providing the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that no issue is too big, & every customer interaction is an opportunity to help change the way women get dressed. From subscription swaps to styling sessions, our retail team is the front lines of our brand & we are excited to be building this team with amazing dynamic talent that believes in our vision for retail.
Rent the Runway is looking for Operations Associates to join the growing team at our Flagship Store location in NYC. In this role, you will be our expert closet operator, embodying our mission to empower women to feel amazing & provider her with the ultimate dream closet experience. You will support the team through every phase of the RTR operating journey: from managing inventory from our Dream Fulfillment Center, to maintaining in all areas of the customer pick-up & drop off. As an Operations Associate, you will be trained on all aspects of the RTR brand as well as critical systems & tools & will have the opportunity to be exposed to various aspects of the business.
The Day to Day:
- Prioritize daily tasks with Operations Lead and/or Operations Manager
- Participate in all training on Inventory procedures
- Adhere to opening, mid-day & closing Operations checklist
- Unload inventory received from the distribution center (DFC) and/or other carriers & check incoming shipments for mishandling & discrepancies
- Assist & maintain in all areas of customer pick up & drop off orders
- Meet & interact with customers; demonstrate an enthusiastic & positive attitude
- Ensure all elements of a clean & organized stockroom, including but not limited to organization of dresses & accessories & other maintenance tasks
- Customer-Centric - guiding our customers through the RTR journey while listening to their needs, & communicating effectively with empathy.
- Problem Solver- making quick & impactful decisions in a fast paced environment that leads to positive end results.
- Dedicated committed to RTR vision & mission, & providing the best experience possible for our customer.
- Resilient honest & ethical in all interactions in & outside of the learning environment; uphold company values & policies; maintain the integrity of the content & delivery.
- 1+ years of experience in an inventory control role
- Experience with Microsoft Excel & Google Docs
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask & prioritize
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings, weekend, & holidays
- Must be able to work while standing & walking & be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Must be able to climb stairs in a multi level store
- Ability to work 40 hours per week -- can include days, evenings & weekends. This is a full time role.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need