Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform & range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, & insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes & drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners & Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC & is currently operating in several markets across the United States Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, & Illinois.
About the team & Opportunity:
Quartet is looking for an experienced, mission driven Software Development Engineer in Test - or, SDET - to help us design & build a world class platform that enables every person in our society to thrive by providing a collaborative behavioral & physical health ecosystem. You will have the opportunity to join a diverse & growing team of talented people who genuinely love what they do. Additionally, we encourage all team members to take ownership of emerging problem areas & empower people to work autonomously as we focus on delivering meaningful results to our valued customers.
SDETs at Quartet are expected to understand all aspects of quality in the software development lifecycle. You might even consider yourself to be a full-stack SDET. For us, this means having a strong understanding of an application's functional, usability, performance & security characteristics. This will be developed as you work directly with Product Managers, Designers & Engineers on new & improved features for our customer facing applications. Additionally, you will make decisions as to the strategies & technologies we use with the understanding that we must find the appropriate balance of productivity, velocity, agility, & quality.
We're looking for someone who can quickly understand the architecture of the Quartet applications & platform & test the web services & features within this eco system by building a robust test infrastructure that will be used to drive positive health outcomes & improve people's lives in a tangible way.
As Quartet's SDET, you will establish process & tools by which our applications & services, across the stack, can be tested to vet their internal functionality & end to end functionality as a means to ensure confidence that our software solutions operate as expected & that regressions are not taking place. You'll build & implement testing frameworks, automated request replay systems, front end to back end test suites, & vend tools to the greater engineering team to fully own their systems, which include their ability to create tests which guarantee their functionality.
- Work with Product & Engineering to identify high-value areas to test
- Work with Product to write test plans for features
- Work with Engineering to coordinate releases & testing
- Write Integration & Functional (end-to-end) tests
- Work with Security Engineering to define & write security tests
- Establish process & tools by which our applications & services, across the stack, can be tested automatically.
- Vend tools to the rest of the engineering team so that testing responsibilities are distributed to all engineers
- Several years experience managing and/or contributing to comprehensive functional & integration test suites from design, implementation, & maintenance of test automation & frameworks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of unit, integration & functional testing strategies
- Direct experience with the Selenium ecosystem of tools & libraries
- Understanding of Behavior Driven Development practices & the Cucumber community
- Experience with browser test automation using tools like Selenium/Webdrive
- Experience with command line smoke testing tools like PhantomJS as part of the build step of the development cycle
- Experience with performance, scalability, & reliability testing methodologies of distributed systems.
- Subscribe to the 'security vulnerabilities are bugs that should be tested like all other bugs' philosophy
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events & outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team & fostering an inclusive culture, & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace & encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, & other characteristics. Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests & job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account & routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have someone to refer? Email email@example.com to submit their details to us.