The Field Quality Engineer is the product quality representative connecting the field with the Operations, Manufacturing, & Design teams within Peloton. You have the technical ability, problem solving skills, & communication skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, & solve issues alongside our field operations team. Your quick response brings immediate issue awareness & drives resolution to resolve & prevent issues. You're an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible & enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
This job is based in the US & requires 30% domestic & possible international travel.
- Analyze Customer Support, Field Operations, & COQ trends & work with Hardware Engineering, Sustaining Design & Manufacturing teams to provide detailed data, parts, units to understand root cause & corrective actions.
- Support the launch of new products & lead the Early Field Failure Analysis process.
- Manage communication & documentation of Field Failure Analyses performed at Quality Lab. This includes categorizing issues, establishing metrics & tracking updates.
- Facilitate the communication of customer concerns, issues, & trends to all functions including suppliers.
- Work closely with the US (including traveling to the site) & Asia teams to drive & close root cause identification activities in order to improve product quality.
- Define & optimize Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to communicate program statuses in coordination with the Data Analytics team.
- Define efficient quality rework procedures. Coordinate resources & equipment & execute reworks.
- Advise/recommend rework procedure, method, required resources
- Develop & gain approval of rework plans
- Coordinate execution of rework plans
- Coordinate actions/repairs in warehouse locations & at supplier
- Communicate results of implementation
- Verify results of implementation
- Responsible for the creation, implementation & revision control of Standard Operating Procedures to be provided to Customer Support, Field Technicians, & other parties.
- BS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 7 or more years experience
- Exceptional project management & organizational skills
- Strong presentation & communication skills.
- Proven track record for driving & closing cross-disciplinary projects using the 8D problem solving method
- Lean/Six Sigma, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.