Help us continue to build large, resilient systems.
CB Insights is a fast-growing market intelligence platform & services company based in NYC. We are seeking an experienced, AWS-focused DevOps Engineer to join our team & support further growth. The ideal candidate is a skilled technologist who loves building large, resilient systems & enjoys working with similar-minded colleagues in a collaborative, small-team environment. Because of our size & current rate of growth, successful candidates will have substantial opportunity to shape our system & our operations. If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you!
The Role Youll Play:
- Support & monitor our production application & infrastructure
- Collaborate with team to enhance current tooling/coverage, as well as identify tools to add to our current stack
- Build self-service framework so that feature teams can automate monitoring / alerting
- Advise service developers on best practices for observability, metrics, logging & tracing
- Architect a highly-available system scaling across multiple regions & availability zones
- Assist in Database management responsibilities
- Provide tools & an environment to support efficient software development
- Be part of the 24x7 on call rotation
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience using Amazon Web Services with a DevOps focus
- 5+ years systems administration (Linux strongly preferred)
- 3+ years experience with monitors, metrics, logging, & tracing in a Microservices environment (Python / Go big plus)
- 3+ years experience with DataDog or Splunk
- 3+ years experience with log aggregation technologies such as ELK stack
- 3+ years experience with on-call management tools such as PagerDuty, VictorOps, or OpsGenie
- In depth knowledge of Observability techniques in a Kubernetes environment
- Hands on experience with AWS RDS MySql and/or Postgres
- Scripting experience (Bash/Python). Programming background strongly preferred.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Experience with container technology (Docker highly preferred)
- Experience with microservice architecture is a big plus
- College degree required, CS degree preferred
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, & Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!
All of the work for this position will be performed in the U.S. As such, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity & eligibility to work in the United States & to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.