Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
As a Group Product Manager at Compass you will be responsible for setting direction & driving major strategic & product initiatives. You will work closely with our senior leadership & agents to define product strategy, build roadmaps, & lead our product development efforts around key aspects of the Compass agents experience. Youll manage & mentor a team of product managers & collaborate with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Software Engineers & Product Marketing Managers.
At Compass You Will
- Drive Compass to create a best-in-class experience for surfacing our key real estate data via listings & buildings to our users
- Lead a product management team that works with cross functional partners comprised of engineering, design & user research
- Work with agents, product marketing & product support to carefully understand & analyze user needs & turn those into a product plan, roadmap & detailed specifications
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering & design teams to ship new features that are highly usable
- Help define a vision & strategy for productivity software that enables agents to increase their reach & grow their business
- Mentor, coach & provide support to a team of product managers
- Understand Compass strategic & competitive position & deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
What We Look For
- 10+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of 3+ product managers & a portfolio of products
- Proven leader that knows how to manage & grow teams
- Deep understanding of what makes a great user experiences across native, desktop, mobile web, & tablet.
- Strategic product thinker - you can examine the changing landscape & use that information to define product strategy & prioritize the problems to solve
- Technically proficient & able to work closely & get buy in from engineers
- Excellent communication skills. Capable of effectively communicating both strategic vision & specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear & concise product requirements, status updates & product results.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.