Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
To manage the Visa buying process with awareness to category / sub category plans, ensuring all transactions for spend less than 250k are effectively managed according to policy & ensures that vendors are not out of contract. The role will cover the entire procure to pay process, & will be predominately focused on the labour category (Consulting, recruitment, contractors, legal spend)
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business requirements & to define & implement the buying strategy, plans & processes for sourcing goods & services within a designated category or sub-categories
- Advise the business / function on buying policies, processes & best practice, providing support as required.
- In conjunction with business owners, validate requirements & guide users to the most appropriate contract & buying solutions
- Undertake market research, collating & reporting on information gained through research & analytics to support buying plans
- In conjunction with the Supplier Risk Management team, support the onboarding & ongoing due diligence of third party suppliers
- Use knowledge of the external supply market to support the business owners in development of their business strategies & buying options
- Develop & maintain long-term relationships with key existing approved suppliers & identify potential new partners within categories of responsibility
- Partner with the Strategic Sourcing leads to ensure awareness & adherence to category plans
- Assist the Sourcing Team in developing the Category Strategy aligned to the Visa Europe sourcing process
- Manage & ensure compliance to the Visa Europe sourcing & procurement processes, acting as a champion & internal consultant for each stage & subsequent Gateway processes.
- Review buying activities to ensure compliance with procurement policy & process, challenging non-compliant areas of the business / function as required.
- Own, manage & track cost savings targets, policy compliance, adherence to the Visa Europe procurement process & customer service for the category or sub-category managed.
- Guide & support any colleagues on buying & related procurement matters.
- Assistance in leading streamlined processes
- Support the implementation of Ariba P2P in Visa Europe
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a business or legal discipline
- Proven & demonstrablebuying experience
- Proven capability in negotiating tactical procurement deals in non-complex markets
- Proven track record in category / sub-category buying with comparable levels of spend - up to 250k
- Proven capability in negotiating sourcing deals in more than one category
- Good knowledge & application of best practice buying & procurement processes
- Good IT skills & working knowledge of Ariba or equivalent e-procurement system
- Good supplier & contract management experience would be valuable
- Excellent inter-personal & communication skills
- Energy, pace & proven track record of delivery to agreed timelines
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.