Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.Cheddar is looking for a creative, driven, & experienced Segment Producer to put together guest notes, questions, scripts, & visual elements a two-hour live daily news show, as well as occasional special projects. The candidate will have experience working in live news, with an expertise in writing scripts & building show rundowns.
About This Role:
Cheddar is looking for a part-time junior editor to work Friday & Saturday nights. The junior editor editor will be responsible for moving live asset & news package edits & deliveries forward during the weekends & providing on site support to engineering & content teams in the field/at remote locations.
This is a both a creative editing & technical asset delivery position. The ideal candidate is collaborative & must be able to make snap judgements & communicate clearly & effectively while frequently being the only person in the office.
This is a part-time position based in NY.
- Review rundown & communicate with editorial staff about element needs
- Begin new package edits & move "in progress" edits forward
- Communicate with your weekday counterpart about prioritization
- Edit & deliver daily "hits" to various distribution partners
- Pull in video & sound from various sources & deliver to playback in the proper format
- Archive old media & remove from storage servers (will train)
- Ingest footage from the field team as it comes in
- Assist with remote ingest & other studio/engineering tasks as needed (will train)
- Premiere Pro based
- Previous experience editing Broll/VO assets, SOTs & packages for live news and/or sports is required
- Ability to work independently, make quick judgments & communicate effectively without supervision
- Team player & collaborative
- Available to start immediately
Our Benefits & Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed & our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast & achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, & different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, & vision insurance, disability & life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks & snacks, team events, happy hours, & more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, & we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates & are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences & backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.