Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, & participate in social & community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate & drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you're up for the challenge, pleaseconsider joining our team.
As an Intern, Systems Engineer in O&I, you will have an opportunity to play a key role in application life cycle. For example, building infrastructure which includes compute, storage, database & middleware, tuning environment per application need, monitoring components, compliance checks & security remediation, etc.
Some of the things you may work on as an Intern, Systems Engineer include:
- Work in a fast paced environment while ensuring the uptime of VISA's products to customers
- Opportunities to work with industry leading technology in virtualization, cloud computing & configuration automation (includes operating systems such as RHEL, Windows & cutting edge containers Docker).
- Participate in designing innovative solutions for highly secure & available environments (includes latest Database & Middleware tools such as tcServer, tomcat, IBM WebSphere, web servers, IIS, MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, Cassandra, Redis)
- Work with other partners in the organization such as support, development, & user groups to manage requests from the perspective of infrastructure design & functionality
- Work with vendors on software upgrades & problems
- Lead problem resolution & improvement efforts
- Drive constant interaction with developers, architects, & project managers
To apply for an internship, you would need to be:
- Undergraduate students graduating in 2021or later
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- The ability to take on challenges & address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven & resourceful
- Able to pursue a full-time internship from May to August 2020