Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students & young alumni at over 1,000 colleges & universities including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, & more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity & ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job & kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, & who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds & are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop & retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that youre 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Design at Handshake
Were designing the future of career discovery & recruiting for students; from their initial school acceptance letters to their first job offers, were committed to understanding & supporting each student as they navigate one of lifes most complex journeys.
Our design team is growing & we cover a lot of ground. We collaborate with every team across Handshakefrom product management to engineering; from sales to supportbecause incorporating insights from across the business leads to better design outcomes. Creativity thrives in diverse environments, & were committed to growing a design team that reflects the diversity of students we serve & support.
Handshake is hiring a Lead Designer for our student team. This role will require you to span from strategy to surface, bringing a talent for systems thinking, simple data-driven design, & seamless user experiences to support Handshakes student product. You will help our team shift to a strategic focus of relationships by helping build identities on our platform & the future of face-to-face recruiting efforts.
- Work from concept to delivery to inform product strategy & shape how students can create authentic connections with employers
- Lead with user empathy for students but also employers & universities
- Partner with product, research, content, data science & engineering to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, & successfully executed
- Develop & improve a shared product design language across all student surfaces reflective of our brand
- Up level the entire team through commitment to growth & mentorship
- Drive upleveling the student product to be the top way college students get jobs
- Establish design processes so we can scale efficiently & effectively
- Experience designing web & native products
- Demonstrated experience leading design
- Comprehension of human centered / user centered design methodology & techniques
- Experience working with engineers & product managers to drive strategy, vision, & execution
- A collaborative, no ego, approach to working with others
- A portfolio of impeccably executed product design
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave & flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out & see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, & vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware & software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills & career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...and much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, & are committed to building a diverse & inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer & welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.