As a Via People Operations Principal you will support the Via employee population in a variety of Human Resources functions including but not limited to onboarding new hires, supporting continuous employee development, implementing new company policies & maintaining internal HR systems. Ultimately, you will ensure our HR initiatives are cost-effective, run smoothly & contribute to a healthy work environment.
What You'll Do:
- Act as a knowledge partner to the Global Head of People, providing valuable input to drive HR strategy & operational process for Via in North America.
- Directly support the management & compliance of our benefit programs, immigration procedures, employee onboarding & offboarding, & employment documentation
- Contribute towards the achievement of companys strategic & operational objectives
- Assist in driving the adoption of a Global HRIS through careful assessment of internal processes, collaboration with HRIS implementation specialists & internal Via team members, & design adoptions strategies for the global org upon rollout.
- Implement & champion company policies in the US that guide policies throughout the world.
- Implement functional HRMS & internal databases across all departments & locations
- Use data to inform your decisions & recommendations, whether in recruiting, compensation, or HR policy
- Measure the effectiveness of our benefits programs & recommend improvements where beneficial
- Ensure our record-keeping & data processing procedures comply with GDPR requirements
- Provide compliance guidance to protect both the employee population & company
Who You Are:
- Acquired 4-7 years HR / People Operations experience in a fast-paced environment, & an emphasis on organizational effectiveness & operations management
- Familiarity with business & financial principles & practices
- Strong Knowledge of Excel, Google Calendar & other basic IT skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional stakeholders & executives
- Exceptional multitasking & organizational skills
- Developed clear, fair, & inclusive company-wide policies
- Excellent analytical & decision-making abilities
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems including payroll tools
- Bachelors degree with a record of academic achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- Prior experience in a start-up environment
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, or other platforms for data visualization
- Knowledge of labor laws/legislation in NYS and/or CA
- Experience in designing compensation & benefits programs
- MS in Human Resources Management
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.