We believe the most powerful marketing happens in-person. Our mission is to develop the most innovative event technology on the planet to help marketers reach & engage their target audiences in-person. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights & measuring event impact, Splash enables marketers to efficiently scale event programs & connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution & optimize performance.
About the Role:
The Assistant Accounting Manager is the go-to person when the team has a question for guidance. You will be the accounting focused leader of the Finance Team, a growing group of 5 & highly visible within the business, that works on a daily basis with senior executive leadership. As the Assistant Accounting Manager, your mission will be to manage accounting policies & procedures that ensure a high level of efficiency, allowing our business to scale while following appropriate internal controls & compliance with US GAAP.
- Supervision & mentoring of existing accountants
- Manage the monthly accounting close process to ensure accurate accounting records
- Serve as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information & working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization
- Pinpoint process & control improvement opportunities & implement changes
- Maintain, reconcile, monitor & improve the company's accounting & commission software tools (e.g. AP system, commission software, revenue recognition tool & ERP)
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations & identify expense accruals
- Uphold a solid understanding of accounting policies to ensure companys accounting is compliant with US GAAP
- Work with CFO to provide reporting & analysis to external parties including banks, auditors, tax accountants, Board of Directors & investors
- Be the main point of contact for external auditors & tax accountants for annual financial statement audits & tax return filings
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance from a top university/college required; CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, accounting policies, procedures, & internal controls; ASC 606 experience a plus
- Minimum 3+ years of accounting experience, preferably at high growth SaaS environments and/or Big 4 accounting environments
- Experience with & the desire to automate processes & reconciliations
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, organization skills, & ability to manage & complete projects
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines & thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Comfortable working in a fast growing start-up without the structure of large corporate entities
- Possess excellent communications & interpersonal skills
- Experience managing people fostering a positive & ethical environment
- Team Player strong willingness to support the team as we are a close-knit group
- Familiarity with ERP systems, Quickbooks, Xactly, SaaSOptics, Salesforce and/or other accounting & client management systems is a plus
- Experience with multi-ledger accounting & consolidations a plus
If youre interested in joining our fun, ambitious, & hardworking team, please send your resume. Splash is an equal opportunity employer.