Coupang is one of the largest & fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees & partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, How did we ever live without Coupang? Coupangis a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, & Silicon Valley.
The Inventory Control Supervisor will oversee the inventory department for our evening shift reporting to the Inventory Control Manager. The position will be involved with maintaining an acceptable level of physical inventory. This role will work directly with Department Managers or Operations Managers to ensure measures are in place to reduce & mitigate possible inventory accuracy discrepancies.
- The Inventory Control Supervisor is responsible for supervising the daily tasks related to inventory control.
- Ensure key performance metrics are reviewed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis & perform detailed analysis on behaviors & processes impacting inventory integrity.
- Measurement of quality & inventory transaction integrity accuracy while providing feedback to the Department Managers or Operations Managers.
- Lead the inventory department team on night shift & provide leadership to all inventory associates.
- Partner with Department Managers and/or Operations Managers in the communication of policies in accordance to standard work.
- Coordinate maintenance & random counts in accordance to FC count strategies ensuring compliance & consistency with SOX & other requirements including FDA recall notifications & documentation procedures.
- Plan for & identify root causes of inventory deviation through cause & effect analysis.
- Review & analyze customer defect data with development of corresponding action plans to reduce defects.
- Lead & supervise a team of hourly associates in Inventory Control / Quality Assurance operations within the FC. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, & evaluation of the operation on night shift.
- Drive process improvements & the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to reduce shrink & inventory related defects.
- Work with all department managers to identify & understand key projects, initiatives & system enhancements.
- Problem Solving - Identifies & resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers & analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Completed High School GED
- Strong analytical, math, data analysis, listening & communication skills
- Experienced with Lean & Six Sigma methodologies
- A completed bachelors degree from an accredited university or 1-3 years management experience in related field
- Inventory & Quality Assurance Supervision experience
- Experience with WMS Systems
- Must be flexible with schedule when needed & ability to work weekends
- Possess strong verbal & written communications skills; demonstrated ability to organize vast amounts of data & possess solid time management skills
- Must be resilient, focused problem solver & self-starter with the ability to multi-task & prioritize in a complex environment
- Capable of working the entire MS Office suite, especially Excel.
- Supervisory experience in a Distribution or Manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of finance & accounting functions & understands inventory/accounting relationships
- Strong commitment to employee development, as well as an exceptional level of dedication, motivation, & intelligence.
RecruitmentProcess & Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review- Phone Interview- Onsite Interview- Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the joband may be changed due to schedulingand circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, theoffer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will notresult in anydisadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules & the results will be informed to the applicant viathe e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.