Asana is building a world-class Accounting & Finance team to help achieve our operational & financial goals while embodying our company values. You will be involved in all general areas of accounting & assisting in multiple ad hoc projects - audit, month-end close, ensuring accuracy with multiple finance system integrations, as well as other fun accounting challenges!
The ideal candidate is super detail-oriented, curious, & analytical. You should have exceptional communication skills & not be afraid to speak up. Were looking for process improvers that can easily pick up the high level business goals & apply them to the accounting operations. There is a wealth of knowledge to be learned & were looking for a team player that is excited to jump right in!
You will be joining a world class finance team that tracks & seeks to understand the factors driving our growth & success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational & financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible & that work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you'll achieve
- Month-end financial reporting tasks related to cash & deposit accounts, deferred rent, prepaids & fixed assets
- Preparing journal entries & ensuring proper general ledger coding in support of monthly closings
- Preparing monthly bank account reconciliations, intra-company reconciliations, & other month-end general ledger reconciliations
- Month-end variance analyses & presentation to stakeholders
- Assist in the preparation of various regulatory filings
- Preparation of support to be provided to the external audit team
- Drive continuous improvement around processes & systems & assist in automating procedures
- Drive the adoption of a new processes across multiple counterparts in the organization
- Assist in managing our compliance processes for processes as we create them (ie. SOX controls & implementation)
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented: able to work with large volumes of data with speed & accuracy. Ability to self-check work.
- Ability to be flexible & resourceful in response to changing priorities & needs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written
- Strong knowledge of key accounting concepts, GAAP, SOX controls
- Time management to ensure timely completion of given tasks with accuracy
- Customer service oriented, especially for internal teams
- Proficiency in ERP Systems (NetSuite preferred) & intermediate Excel skills
- Enthusiastic, upbeat, & positive with the ability to stay calm in the face of uncertainty & hyper growth.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of accounting experience including at least 2+ years in public accounting and/or a technical accounting role in a multinational public company or pre-IPO/high growth company
- CPA preferred
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations & millions of users across 195 countries organize & manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohls, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group & Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, & Reykjavk, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture & help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities & expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, & veteran statuses, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.