Sports encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, & confidencecritical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, & volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes & make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a technology company providing team management, scorekeeping, & live fan experiences that keep athletes connected with the team community. With GameChanger, coaches & parents can organize & follow their athletes journey in a simple & powerful way.
Were headquartered in downtown Manhattan & are proud to be part of the DICKS Sporting Goods family.
As a Senior Engineer, you will use modern tools to develop features in our fully-native iOS application & across the stack. You will build engaging user-facing features by contributing your expertise, writing code, & making architectural decisions on a team of Product Managers, Designers, QA Analysts, & Engineers.
- Build features for community engagement, scorekeeping, fan experiences, & team management throughout the stack, with a focus on our Android app
- Collaborate with peers on critical decisions about how our applications are architected & built
- Team up with designers, testers, & product managers to find the best solutions for our customers
- Teach & learn with engineers across the company
- Promote responsible engineering practices
What were looking for:
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals
- Track record of successful Android projects
- Experience shipping beautiful, high-quality apps
- Passion & savvy working with the latest Android tech
- Comfort working in a multi-disciplined product teams
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Experience mentoring engineers
- Our apps are written in Kotlin & use a reactive Model View Intent (MVI) architecture driven by Realm, RxJava & the Jetpack lifecycle components. Experience in these or similar technologies is a plus
- Your team will also be doing iOS development in Swift, so having background there would be a bonus, but is not required
- Our backend APIs are built with Typescript, Node.js, Redis, Kafka, & PostgreSQL & run in AWS. It's not required that you know these, but you should be open to full stack development
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, & coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy.
- Well-furnished, modern office with a rich supply of snacks & drinks.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Flexible work from home & remote policy.
- Learning tools including opportunities to join clubs, lunch tech talks, attend conferences, & participate in hack days.
- Organized lunches & team outings.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.