Vimeo is searching for an experienced Python & SQL software engineer for its Business Intelligence Engineering team. This is an opportunity to design & maintain a robust, scalable & sustainable enterprise data platform with other members of the BI-Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be working on a internal data tools, especially on the A/B testing & experiments framework to help drive experimentation for product releases
Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, & calculate how much bandwidth they have consumedgiving our customers insight into creating engaging content in the future.
While working as a peer to both technical & non-technical staff throughout the company, you will drive the improvement process of both our products & our business operations. You will help define data access & discoverability requirements & work to create infrastructure & services that provide access to event streams.
What you'll do:
- Develop data models & pipeline for the experiments framework
- Enhance the back-end of the experiments framework
- Innovate & make recommendations on improving the experiments tools
- Collaborate with other data engineers in developing internal data tools
- Ensure adherence to coding best practices & development of reusable code
- Constantly monitor data platform & make recommendations to enhance system architecture
- Work closely with other product managers, BI analysts, & business stakeholders to understand & plan technical requirements for experiments & A/B testing
- Collaborative work: iterative development, design & code review sessions
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ years of engineering experience in a fast-paced environment; 3+ years of experience in scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, & monitoring of data quality in the cloud
- Working knowledge of design patterns & coding best practices
- Experience with & understanding of data modeling concepts, techniques & best practices
- Experience with Airflow, Celery, or other Python-based task processing systems
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency with modern source control systems, especially Git
- Experience working with non-technical business stakeholders on technical projects
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Relational database design
- Experience with front-end frameworks & web development, in particular Django
- Knowledge of experimentation & A/B testing concepts & tools
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs