At Convene, were changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design & service the next generation office building one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated workplace-as-a-service platform gives building tenants & enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting & event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, & curated experiences for users, all connected by Convenes proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago & Washington, D.C
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
About the Role
Were looking for a Network Engineer to join the Convene Infrastructure team to work on a broad range of business initiatives & objectives for new & current locations. The Network Engineer is responsible for leveraging a wide range of technologies & tools to build intelligent infrastructure systems & scalable automation, & managing our centralized IT, AV, & Security systems. The ideal candidate will be focused & driven to continuously improve our network delivery, monitoring systems, & automation initiatives.
- Well-versed in Network Infrastructure to include WAN Architecture, Security engineering principles & system design.
- Experienced in building network automation tools in at least one language
- Passionate about optimizing systems & building scalable network architecture
- Interested in joining a dynamic, creative, & innovative tech organization at the ground level
- You take ownership of projects & drive them to completion.
What youll do
- Develop network architecture for a multi-tenant enterprise
- Partner with internal Devops team to automate provisioning for new clients
- Collaborate in the rollout of a NOC with international scope
- Assist in projects that lead to overall network improvements including network equipment code upgrades, hardware upgrades, & network/server application software improvements
- Work with various vendors & service providers to ensure production environment is always operating at peak proficiency
- Actively monitor network health across Convene locations, identifies & proposes solution to problems before they occur
- Innovate, never accept status quo
- Explore new technologies & have fun finding the best tools.
- Identify & implement process improvements
We are looking for a Network Engineer with
- Understanding of core networking concepts & experience with the usual layer 2 & 3 routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, MPLS
- A technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software & telecommunications
- Well versed in Cisco IOS, IOS-XE & ASA platforms. Proficiency in NX-OS & Extreme Networks Wireless WING platform is a plus
- Ability to develop, deploy, & maintain wide area network architecture through a varying degree of technologies such as SD-WAN, MPLS, VPLS, & L2L VPN tunnels
- Experience using automated monitoring tools
- Previous experience in troubleshooting Wireless (WiFi) networks, sufficient knowledge of latest WiFi technologies & lingo such as IEEE802.11 standards along with RADIUS & AAA accounting
- Linux server-based operating system experience a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, testing & documentation
A fun personality & the desire to be a part of the next