BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
Were looking for an Associate Product Specialist, Tech Partnerships to join our team based in New York. As an Associate Product Specialist on the Tech Partnerships team at BuzzFeed youll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, managing end-to-end development partnerships for BuzzFeed & our clients.
The Associate Product Specialist, Tech Partnerships acts as the voice of Tech, & is the main point of contact between the Tech team & our account (advertising + commerce) teams when a client deal requires a tech execution.
Youll work closely with a team of designers & engineers to brainstorm & execute on partner projects. Youll help define, scope, & manage projects that are requested from our Sales team, while also working with the Partnerships team to proactively define & build new products for our partners. On this fast-paced team, youll have the opportunity to partner with many other teams, both within the tech organization & the business organization.
- Acting as a liaison between Tech & other departments within the company for client partnerships that require custom tech executions.
- Leveraging the expertise & knowledge of internal teams, or external vendors if needed, to deliver a successful result on time & on budget.
- Triaging inbound requests from commerce & sales teams.
- Representing the voice of Tech for internal teams as they develop pitches / new business opportunities - evolving creative concepts into a clear set of deliverables.
- Supporting account team in scoping work, sizing effort & assigning a cost.
- Identifying resources needed to execute on signed work by engaging an internal team and/or external vendors.
- Developing & managing project plans & timelines
- Project managing teams and/or vendors to execute on client work (task prioritization, backlog management, etc.)
- Providing frequent updates to all internal & client-side stakeholders on the progress of development efforts.
- Establishing client meeting schedules, managing agendas, & managing meetings (internal + external) to keep teams on task & focused & follows each meeting with clear notes & next steps.
- You are solution-oriented, with the ability to process & offer solutions quickly.
- You have a high say/do ratio. Things you say you will do, get done.
- You are comfortable collaborating with people across multiple disciplines like engineering, product & design, as well as with other departments across the company like sales, product strategy & commerce.
- You are comfortable working with clients & vendors.
- You are good at assessing opportunity & risk & being able to articulate each clearly.
- You are comfortable soliciting & providing direct & impactful feedback.
- You are comfortable with starting, stopping, & pausing project work based on changing priorities.
- You are someone who loves to juggle multiple things at once, & you dont drop the ball.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.