Curious about what its like to work at the worlds number 1 discovery platform as an Internal Application Developer? Were glad you asked!
You will be part of a team of Swiss Army Knives who take on numerous, diverse challenges to help teams across the enterprise. While you should be comfortable working with the BE components of a project (service layer logic, SQL queries, etc) the focus of this position is on crafting the FE pieces of our deliverables: overall site design, React components, highly interactive forms with Vanilla JS, & Chrome extensions that perform extensive DOM manipulation to provide data & simulate functionality of other products.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants a diverse technical experience that also embraces the human factors side of making tools that people depend on every day. We're looking for the person who can take a half-formed idea, turn it into a well-considered spec, & turn that spec into reality, primarily building the front-end (and occasionally working on the back-end components) to produce the features that empower & delight our customers.
In this job you will:
- Function as a Customer Whisperer, understanding the needs of internal users both spoken & unspoken, divining their deepest, darkest wishes, & intuiting their future needs
- Create beautiful, elegant sites & tools that internal customers depend on & love to use.
- Iterate solutions as the needs of the enterprise change & grow over time
- Produce clean, performant & maintainable code
- Work with a high degree of freedom & be comfortable executing projects from start to finish.
- Utilize best practices in front end design
- Craft browser extensions that provide just-in-time information & functionality
- Leverage internal & external APIs to combine data & update internal & external systems
- Ensure reliability of delivered code with liberal use of various testing frameworks
- 3-5 years of practical experience working as a full-stack developer; if you're just out of code school, this isn't the right opportunity.
- Experience with one or more MVC frameworks (Grails, Rails, Django, Spring, etc.), knowing how to leverage framework time-savers as well as code custom service-layer logic
- Experience developing with Java & object oriented programming
- Comfortable working with APIs from various services & providers
- Experience writing tests (RSpec, Cucumber, jUnit, Spock, Geb, etc.)
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Experience listening to non-technical customers, turning discussions into specifications
- Ability to manage one's own deliverables & timelines in a fast-moving environment
- Awareness of current trends in design as well as best practices in FE engineering
Experience with preferred but not required:
- Groovy & Grails
- Java & Spring Boot
- Ruby / Python
- If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here they are able to discover their best professional self, explore where they can grow to, & learn from & together with smart & talented people.
- We work with some of the biggest names in the business. Our clients include Business Insider, NBC, Wells Fargo, Adidas, & more.
- Taboola NYC offers generous health, medical & dental coverage, 401k matching, a fully-stocked kitchen, & various gym partnerships.
Sounds good, how do I apply?
Its easy, submit your CV by clicking the Apply button below.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer & we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees & believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.