Appian is looking for a dynamic individual to build & lead the Appian Certification Program within our Education Services department under Customer Success. The Certification Program Manager is responsible for implementing the Appian credential strategy for Appian employees, partners & customers who develop applications on the Appian platform. This individual will increase stakeholder alignment, grow market awareness & brand recognition for the Appian credential program, implement new, innovative credentialing & badging strategies to address our evolving business requirements, increase growth trends in the number of active Appian credentials in the marketplace, & manage program policies & processes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand requirements; develop & implement regular stakeholder communications
- Develop, publish, communicate & maintain the exam development roadmap
- Develop, publish, communicate & maintain program policies & candidate agreements
- Manage formal program communications with candidates via email & Appian Community
- Drive event activities at user conferences & other Appian events
- Maintain an Appian Community presence to connect with candidates & promote the program
- Manage web presence for all credential programs
- Participate in building a Subject Matter Expert (SME) community of evangelists, assist in SME resource planning & recruitment for exam development
- Build exam guides & related marketing/training collateral to ensure program information & assets are updated on all websites & portals.
- Work with vendors to develop & deliver exams
- Track program metrics, reporting internally, including financials
- Work with Appian marketing organizations to promote value of Appian Certification into the marketplace in general, as well as customers & partners
- 7+ years of technical training experience with at least 2+ years experience managing credential programs for a high-tech company
- Proven ability to develop impactful communications & marketing programs that drive brand awareness & candidate participation
- Solid understanding of credential & certification programs
- Strong problem solving skills, logical approach to planning & implementing projects & addressing roadblocks
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be a team player, & manage change effectively
- Must be comfortable coordinating & working in global virtual teams
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Administration, industrial & Organizational Psychology, Psychometrics, Educational Assessment, Instructional Design, or equivalent work experience
Special consideration given for:
- Experience using Microsoft Project or OmniPlan
- Experience with industry tools such as exam development, exam delivery, candidate management, etc.