The Head of Internal Audit is responsible for developing & executing a risk-based internal audit program for Vimeo. This position will oversee SOX testing conducted, as well as any testing conducted in compliance or operational areas. The skills necessary to succeed in this position include project management, team leadership, audit expertise, quality assurance, ability to think creatively & effective communication skills.
What you'll do:
- Develop & execute the Audit Plans, including testing controls over financial reporting & IT general controls in accordance with SOX requirements as well as performing any compliance & operational audit areas identified for review in the audit plan.
- Coordinate IA SOX testing scope & timing with external auditors to ensure efficient & effective coverage of the areas under review. Ensure external audit is kept up to date on findings & remediation.
- Oversee & manage IT General Controls testing including determining test scope, reviewing the design of controls, reviewing testing over the operation of controls & managing external service providers' work.
- Oversee other service providers to include: managing the contract (including negotiating fees & hours), managing the service providers on a day-to-day basis & reviewing work product.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the IA staff to ensure that they have clear guidance on their work & are employing their time effectively. Review work performed by staff for accuracy & completeness & follow up on any open items noted during the review, ensuring proper resolution.
- Prepare & present reports to management outlining testing findings & recommendations & work with management to identify appropriate remediation & remediation dates.
- Prepare & present the annual audit plan & risk assessment to the Audit Committee. Also, prepare & present audit plan completion status, testing findings, & recommendations to the Audit Committee quarterly.
- Ensure close integration with the business to enable timely identification of changes that might impact the achievement of control objectives or that might necessitate new objectives be identified. These changes might include new business activities, implementations, infrastructure changes, business acquisitions, changes in personnel or other.
- Participate in management meetings such as Disclosure Committee, Information Security executive meetings, & others to ensure IA is properly informed.
- Work closely with the business to consult with respect to risks & internal controls & also to promulgate & transmit standard methodologies across the organization.
- Coordinate & compile a periodic risk assessment (minimum of annually).
- Continually research & keep apprised of accounting pronouncements, industry changes & regulatory changes significant to Vimeo & apply to audit matters & risk assessment as appropriate.
- Provide coaching & perform regular performance evaluations for IA team members.
- Manage departmental administrative matters such as developing the departmental budget & managing against it, managing & approving departmental T&E & PTO, maintaining the Internal Audit Charter & the IA Code of Ethics.
- Willingness & ability to travel as required.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Minimum 10-15 years of public accounting and/or Internal Audit experience. Previous experience within the online/interactive industry is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor preferred. Also knowledge of COSO.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with a strong client service focus.
- Demonstrated ability & experience in managing & developing staff.
- Maintain a high standard of ethics, discipline & professionalism.
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.