Director/Senior Director, DMPK (ProteoVant Therapeutics)
Roivant is a global biopharma company improving health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines & technologies to patients. We do this by building Vants nimble, independent, entrepreneurial companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning incentives, & deploying technology. Roivant recently created a new Vant in Protein Degradation, ProteoVant Therapeutics, through the acquisition of a leading protein degradation company, the investment of its own capital & $200 million of outside capital, as well as the creation of an experienced management team to build ProteoVant into a leading, independent protein degrader company.
ProteoVant Therapeutics is a newly launched development-stage biotech company focusing on the discovery & development of disease-modifying therapies by harnessing natural protein homeostasis processes. We recently acquired numerous novel, protein degrader programs that are in discovery & preclinical development through our acquisition of Oncopia Therapeutics, a protein degradation company initially focused on oncology indications. Our lead program(s) in oncology may enter the clinic as early as late 2021. The company recently secured $200M in funding from SK Holdings in addition to investment from Roivant Sciences.
In addition to ProteoVants preclinical & discovery protein degrader programs & its deep relationship with the lab of Dr. Shaomeng Wang at the University of Michigan, Proteovant is enhancing its drug discovery engine to accelerate development by combining deep drugging expertise with innovative technology platforms including VantAI (Roivants AI platform) & Silicon Therapeutics (Roivants physics-driven drug design platform).
Our current therapeutic focus includes oncology, immunology, & CNS, with planned expansion into additional therapeutic areas in the near future. ProteoVant is rapidly expanding its discovery & development teams in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, DMPK, bioinformatics, toxicology & CMC at many levels. Our R&D organization is primarily located close to major pharmaceutical companies in the Philadelphia area where we are building state-of-the-art labs & office space. We also maintain offices in New York City, with remote work a possibility for certain positions. Please send your resumes or inquiries to email@example.com.
For additional information on ProteoVant please see our one-page overview here
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Reporting to: Head of Pre-Clinical R&D & Chief Scientific Officer
The Director or Sr. Director of Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) will bring extensive experience in ADME & DMPK to program teams at Proteovant. She or he will be responsible for comprehensive DMPK support, including design, execution & interpretation of all DMPK studies, PK/PD modeling, collaboration with colleagues on translational studies of all discovery & development programs.This position will be a core member on discovery project teams.
- Identify critical ADME/DMPK needs & strategies;
- Serve as a DMPK representative to ensure effective application & integration of ADME, PK & PK/PD studies in support of discovery & development programs;
- Work with development teams to support human ADME, human PK, dose projections & DDI studies;
- Deliver & communicate results to project teams to enable decision making;
- Manage interactions with external CROs to ensure high quality & on-time execution of DMPK studies;
- Write & review relevant sections of regulatory documents
- PhD., Pharm. D. or equivalent training in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related disciplines, >10 years of relevant experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry;
- In-depth understanding & strategic application ofin vitroandin vivoADME assays, methods & models;
- Direct hands-on experience & troubleshooting skills inin vitroandin vivoDMPK studies, including PK & PK/PD analyses, quantitative & qualitative LC-MS analysis,in vitroandin vivobiotransformation & human PK & drug interaction predictions is a plus;
- Experience in managing CROs & sound knowledge of regulatory guidelines on bioanalysis, GLP practice & DDIs;
- Ability to develop user-specified mathematical models desired;
- Strong analytical, organizational & communication skills, & a consummate team player