Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Technical Analyst to join our Value Capture team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
In this role, you will assist in key operations for a core Oscar insurance function called Value Capture. Under the Value Capture umbrella exists Risk Adjustment & Quality which are the only operations that can affect Oscars bottom line after weve set premium rates. Youll build & refine workflows, tracking progress to meet critical CMS deadlines. Youll help manage data for health systems, vendor partners, & internal stakeholders. Youll identify inefficiencies & recommend tactical program improvements.
Your job will be focused on supporting infrastructure for value capture operations & our C+O (Cigna & Oscar) expansion. Youll work cross functionally with the Data, Finance, & Engineering teams on both Risk Adjustment & Quality. This individual will be an integral member of the team & provide additional capabilities on the technical side to ensure VC has the appropriate data & analytics to execute & expand its operations.
As a technical analyst, you will take ownership of aspects of our insurance operations processes & identify areas for potential improvement. You will guide the development of process improvements & organize cross-functional support where needed. You will also help troubleshoot issues that arise by investigating the scope, cause & scale of the problem throughout our insurance operation.
During your first six weeks: You have...
- Built an understanding of our operational policies & workflows.
- Developed some initial insights into opportunities for workflow improvements.
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools, data, & technical processes (e.g. database querying & dashboard creation).
- Begun to form working relationships across the Oscar team.
Afterwards & on an ongoing basis: You will...
- Support infrastructure build for Oscar VC team
- Build & set up integrations for new vendors
- Supplemental file mapping & submissions
- Youll support the CMS submission infrastructure as it relates to both EDGE & RAPS/EDS
- Standardize & improve Oscars reporting packages with providers & develop our path towards more value based contracting
- Youll report on RA & Quality programs to other areas of the organization, both financial & operational in nature.
- Youll build dashboards & models to monitor progress of Value Capture programs as it relates to the C+O expansion
- Youll think creatively about whats possible for Value Capture programs & Oscars analytics & reporting tools/infrastructure
Must-have qualities include:
- Proficient in SQL (2+ years)
- Experience with Python or another scripting language (2+ years)
Be someone that gets things done:
- Use data analysis to come up with creative solutions to complex problems & produce tangible results
- Enjoy experimenting & iterating on ways to solve a problem & building programs from the ground up
- Be able to put together a project plan & work throughout the company to hold teams accountable & drive results
Outstanding structured & critical thinking
- A passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- A technical bent & the ability to use tools to answer your own questions (SQL)
- Deep analytical skills
Bonus points if you have...
- Background in healthcare or tech
- Knowledge of RA or Quality measures
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.