Senior Analytics Engineer (Marketing), New York - Open to Remote
The Squarespace Marketing Data team provides technical data solutions, statistical models & core metrics to power Marketing decisions that maximize customer growth. Our solutions are also used by other partners & data practitioners throughout Squarespace.
In this role, you'll develop foundational data pipelines & self-service tooling that are essential to Squarespace's Marketing efforts. This new role, reporting to the Analytics Engineering Team Manager, offers opportunity to grow & make a difference. This role will be based in NYC or Remote.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Partner with Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers & decision makers on data solutions
- Translate use cases, pain points & success criteria into technical requirements
- Design, build, maintain & upgrade data pipelines & self-service tooling to provide clean, efficient results
- Promote data governance through documentation, observability & controls
- Promote adoption of tools & best practices across the team
- 4+ years industry experience in a technical data or analytics role
- Experience designing data models, authoring & orchestrating complex ETL jobs & building visualizations to provide self-service datasets, metrics & insights
- Mastery of SQL & at least one BI reporting tool (Looker/LookML, Tableau, Chartio)
- Familiarity with Python & one or more tools for data storage & access (BigQuery, Postgres, Presto, Redshift), pipeline management & orchestration (Airflow, dbt) or version control (git)
- Knowledge of common marketing data sources such as Google search, DCM or Facebook
- Experience working with technical & non-technical partners
- Outcomes-oriented & passionate about enabling data-driven decisions
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.