Company Description|Job Description
Visa USA is a Visa company. Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Act as a high level consultant with client groups on compensation issues such as job evaluation, FLSA exemption reviews, compensation analyses, total compensation review & related issues.
Participate in the development & drive the execution of compensation processes & initiatives such as annual review, incentive & equity plans, competitive & ad hoc analyses, projects & reporting for assigned client groups.
Support administrative functions such as market pricing & job architecture.
Develop quantitative models to assess competitive practice & the organization's competitive position for specific programs.
Build & maintain relationships with client group Human Resource Business Partners & Managers to ensure effective communication of compensation strategies.
Support with designing & review of sales incentive plans
Support & drive implementation of consistent global compensation & HR initiatives (e.g. Annual Review, promotions, job leveling, etc.).
Participate in compensation surveys to collect & analyze competitive salary information to determine company's competitive position. Formulate recommendations regarding annual updates to the company salary structure.
Proactively identify opportunities for organizational effectiveness & make recommendations to management.
Prepare reports, make recommendations, & interpret policies & procedures.
Partner with others on Compensation & HR teams to support workload & execution, sharing/transfer of knowledge, increase understanding of international issues & all aspects & considerations around compensation programs & practices.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8-10 years progressively responsible business/HR experience, with majority in compensation roles.
- Strong teamwork skills required to work in a fast moving matrix environment.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including interpersonal & presentation skills.
- Ability to present information in a concise & meaningful manner to managers & executives.
- Demonstrated teamwork & relationship-building skills, & ability to lead by influence & example.
- Strong planning, organizational, consulting & problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills & the ability to develop quantitative models (e.g. business case & complex forecasting). Exceptional accuracy & attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to drive consensus in cross regional & cross functional teams.
- Ability to exercise good judgment & handle confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint); knowledge of Workday & compensation management tools (like Towers/Watson REWARD) desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast paced & changing environment.
- Experience working in a global environment on compensation & related issues strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of equity plans & international compensation issues strongly preferred.
- Partner with others within the Compensation group, the Total Rewards function & the broader HR team to support workload & execution, sharing/transfer of knowledge, increase understanding of international issues & all aspects & considerations around compensation programs & practices.
Additional Information about Interviewing with Visa in Technology Sourcing:
In Visa Technology Sourcing, we get technical fast. Our business partners demand it & we like to support them the right way! This is a highly technical & highly engaged role. If you apply & are granted an interview, you can expect the following:
A detailed, onsite skills test, in which you'll be given a technical problem & will be asked to model it in a spreadsheet & present an executive-ready communication about it.
You can expect to be asked detailed questions about your background:
If you are a career Sourcing person, expect to be asked about deals you managed, including the spend, success factors & your sourcing strategy.
Expect to be asked fundamentals about technology.
You'll meet with technical business partners as well as Visa Sourcing execs to assess your sourcing & business acumen.
Don't let any of the above worry you! We demand a lot of ourselves & we like to be up front about what we look for on this team. If you've got the chops, we've got a role for you!
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
No Relocation or Sponsorship is available for this role
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.