The Contracts Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative assistance to the Associate Contracts Director which will include taking phone messages, scanning documents, updating & maintaining workflow & status reports, and setting up calls/meetings. The Contracts Assistant will also draft, route & mail* licensing work-for-hire agreements & subsidiary license agreements for Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (LBYR) and Running Press (RP), route & mail subsidiary license agreements for Black Dog & Levanthal (BDL) and WorthyKids (WK) working with the Contracts Coordinator. The Contracts Assistant will route & mail finalized LBYR, RP, WK and BDL author agreements using DocuSign whenever possible. The Contracts Assistant will have responsibility for amendments (tracking, organizing & some drafting).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Update & maintain LBYR, RP, WK workflow & status reports.
- Draft, route & mail LBYR, RP, WK licensing work-for-hire agreements
- Route & mail LBYR & RP and WK author agreements
- Draft route & mail straightforward amendments (e.g., delivery extensions & e-book) for LBYR, RP, and WK.
- Draft, route & mail* some LBYR & RP, BDL & WK subsidiary rights agreements.
- Provide supplemental administrative support to the Associate Contracts Director, and, as needed, the Contracts Coordinator, (e.g., chasing agents for acknowledgements & initiating the DocuSign process)
- Perform other duties as assigned
*mailing of subsidiary rights agreements to be shared across imprints with other Contracts staffers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent computer skills are required (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, databases)
- Highly organized, good at prioritizing & adaptable
- Attentive to detail with ability & interest in legal documents
- Self-starter, able to take ownership of job responsibilities & manage work time efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.