About the Role:
In this role, youll join our Finance & Accounting team as our first in-house Accounts Payable employee. Calling on your hands-on accrual based accounting experience in fast-paced startup environments, youll be on the front lines of helping Splice reach our mission of empowering artists. By creating systems to ensure the seamless, efficient, & reliable payment of royalties - & other payables - youll quickly develop a reputation as the go-to for all things AP.
Were building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, were cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, & growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can & asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation & iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, & transparency in the workplace. We arent afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, & even ourselves.
We dont just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What Youll Do:
- Act as the first point of contact for all matters related to accounts payable, corporate credit cards, employee expense reporting
- Leveraging external software, ensure 1099/W9/W8 compliance for all vendors & contractors
- Maintain integrity of all artist & vendor data within royalty software & ERP system
- Own the accounts payable process
- Code invoices, checks, purchase order requests, etc in accounting software
- Maintain vendor templates in Splices banking software & setup weekly wires & ACH payments
- Respond to vendor/artist inquiries on a timely basis & with an exceptional level of customer service; Liaise with Artist & Content personnel, as appropriate.
- Track & provide reporting on all intercompany transactions & eliminations
- Establish & maintain a world-class documentation & record keeping process; Assist with periodic audit, diligence & other documentation requests.
- Become a trusted business partner to other Splice departments, including the Artist, Content, Engineering, People Ops & Marketing teams.
What were looking for:
- Bachelors degree required
- A minimum of 2-4 years progressive & relevant experience
- Strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Experience with Netsuite, SAP or Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) required
- Must have strong working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, sorting, v-lookups)
- A demonstrated history of success in developing process & achieving project/task deadlines
- A propensity toward autonomy & the ability to work both independently & as part of a team
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented with exceptional analytical & accounting skills
- Experience with enterprise-level systems implementations to support a scaling organization
- Experience working with remote personnel
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Master of efficiency & lover of process
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity & inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.