At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyfts Transit, Bikes, & Scooters (TBS) division is tackling some of the most interesting & impactful problems in urban transportation.TBS is looking for an experienced Micromobility Policy Development Manager to join our fast-growing & fast-paced team - which oversees bikeshare & scooter operations across 15 major markets & in-app trip planning for public transit systems. Based in New York City, you will help chart a new chapter of growth for the line of business, helping lead the development & implementation of new public-private partnerships (P3s) in the micromobility space. Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders, you will work in a fast paced & agile environment to evaluate new business opportunities for TBS. You must be an analytical thinker & phenomenal relationship manager, adept at crafting elegant solutions to complex problems & influencing top-level decision making. From bikes & scooters to future platforms, you will be at the forefront of driving new initiatives to revolutionize multimodal technology.
- Serve as a cross-functional partner to the Transit, Bikes, & Scooter line of business, helping bring a policy perspective early on into decision-making processes.
- Identify new policy & business opportunities to grow micromobility across North America & beyond. Help articulate business cases for new initiatives & develop actionable recommendations.
- Lead research that examines innovative business models & public-private partnerships (P3s) that support growth of the micromobility industry.
- Oversee contracting processes for new business ventures, working with a multi-stakeholder team composed of Lyfts Policy, Operations, Finance, Legal, & Business Strategy units.
- Develop P3 models that balance business objectives with city policy goals around sustainability & equity.
- Promote Lyfts P3 approach & success stories at transportation & infrastructure conferences & events.
- 4+ years of experience in consulting, strategy & operations, transit, technology, investment banking, analytics or related fields.
- A passion for Lyfts mission of improving peoples lives with the worlds best transportation.
- Experience in developing P3s - ideally in the transportation sector.
- Experience working in or with public sector agencies in government procurement or budgeting processes.
- Outstanding oral & written communicator who tailors the message & medium by audience & adeptly partners up, down, & across the organization
- Passionate about stepping out of your comfort zone & applying your knowledge to new opportunities in a creative & entrepreneurial way.
- Excellent quantitative & financial acumen.
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills; SQL is a plus.
- Proactive & excited to take a hands-on approach to work through uncertainty.
- Multi-dimensionally curious & quick to learn new concepts spanning procurement, biz dev, operations, supply chain, product, engineering, design, policy & beyond.
- Graduate-level degree in business (MBA), urban planning, or law is strongly preferred.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.