We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to develop automated tests to ensure product quality.
SDET responsibilities include designing & implementing tests, debugging & defining corrective actions along the defect life cycle across Splice offerings (Web, Desktop, Mobile aspects of our Platform).
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for creating & extending test automation, providing testing tooling in our CI/CD pipeline, & providing observability tooling for the wider organization, introspecting on build quality. If you have an SDET background & enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, wed like to meet you!
- Design, develop, execute, & extend test automation
- Estimate, prioritize, plan & coordinate testing activities
- Review requirements, specifications & technical design documents to provide timely & meaningful feedback
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Continually add, refine, improve quality observability tooling in our CI/CD pipeline
- Create detailed, comprehensive & well-structured test plans & test cases
- Experience using tools like ClubHouse, JIRA, or similar defect tracking systems
- Implement quality assurance metrics tooling within a CI pipeline (e.g. defect densities & open defect counts, test coverage)
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools & test strategies
- Educate the larger organization in modern testing methodology, techniques
- 2+ years in an SDET or related role
- Proficiency in SQL scripting (MySQL preferred)
- Proficiency in Object-oriented design, design patterns
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools & processes
- Experience with writing clear, concise, & comprehensive supporting test documentation
- Experience designing & writing test cases & as well as producing corollary test automation
- Experience with CI tools like Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, Fastlane
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with the following tools/languages: Cucumber, Selenium, Ruby, TypeScript
- Experience with performance, load, & security testing