Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Manager of Insights to join our Concierge Optimization team in our New York, NY office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Senior Manager of Insights will leverage the insights gained through analytical research to provide the consumers point of view to optimize & drive our experience efforts & ensure Oscars external stakeholders are at the forefront of conversations & decisions. You will work collaboratively with business leaders to implement experience strategies & drive issue resolution for identified problems impacting stakeholder experience.
You will report into the Director of Strategy & Optimization
- Facilitates root cause analysis to translate experience data into meaningful insights & areas of improvement for Oscars overall ecosystem
- Analyze & interpret quantitative data/results & understand the why behind the data, concisely identifying the critical insights that tell a story & devising actionable strategies
- Manage relationships cross-functionally to drive multi department collaboration & issue resolution impacting stakeholder experience; Ability to influence others, even without direct authority.
- Serve as an internal consumer insights consultant who partners across the organization to understand business needs & influence business decisions
- Leverage a full range of insight generating tools to foster a deeper understanding of consumers to ensure business decisions are grounded in relevant insights
- Socialize consumer insights throughout organization to drive visibility & reinforcement of the Insight teams efforts, building a deep understanding of the importance of putting consumers first
- Set & drive program strategy including determining & uncovering opportunities for improvement
- Development & growth of direct reports, ensuring that colleagues are supported in professional development
- 6+ years of experience managing, driving & overseeing projects.
- 4+ years of leadership experience
- Experience using data & metrics to drive improvements in programs
- Experience in delivering projects / programs independently & within a team environment
- Experience defining a problem, designing an approach, & leveraging a variety of sources of data (primary, secondary, third party) to answer a question
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification
- Experience in appeals & grievances, operations management, insurance operations, quality improvement (e.g, NCQA), consulting, and/or process improvement
- Knowledge of IFP and/or Medicare regulatory requirements
- Healthcare experience (Health Insurance, Health Systems, or Healthcare Consulting)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.