As the Head of Compensation & People Sciences, you will build out the vision & strategy for Compass People Analytics program, developing a direct link between workforce insights & decisions that will be the basis of future well-informed data-driven people decisions. In addition, you will lead the enhancement of our compensation & benefits programs & policies that enable the attraction & retention of top talent. You are an analytical thinker who enjoys working with data & knows what it takes to succeed in a high-growth, high-demand evolving tech company.
As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for the best & brightest to drive strategic business decisions. With over 1900 employees operating in 20 major US markets, Compass continues to grow over 100% year over year. Compass has a significant opportunity to drive greater efficiency & scale through People Technology & Analytics.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide oversight for administration of compensation & employee benefit programs, including annual compensation planning, incentive & reward program administration
- Conduct, compile & present research, analysis & modeling to support design of competitive & motivational compensation & benefits programs that align with corporate goals & strategies.
- Design & lead annual company compensation review process (salary, short-term incentives & long-term incentive) including input on budgeting & competitive information to ensure practices are market competitive
- Work closely with People & Culture Partners & business leaders in all compensation & benefits matters including compensation benchmarking, salary reviews, & incentive plan design
- Oversee administration & development of employee benefit programs, retirement plans, wellness & engagement initiatives, & other rewards programs that are competitive, comprehensive, & well-utilized
- Maintain external relationships with vendors, brokers & advisors to review & manage compensation & benefits plan design & administration
- Establish key performance indicators to track the effectiveness of compensation & benefit programs
- Serve as the analytical thought leader & support for key members across the People & Culture team - constantly solving for scale, agility, & efficiency
- Define our People Technology strategy & roadmap aligning with business needs & collaborating with key stakeholders in Finance, Growth, & Engineering
- Evaluate & manage the People & Culture Systems portfolio to ensure operational excellence & optimization of all technology solutions
- Identify & drive opportunities for further systems integrations between departments, specifically with Finance & our regional leadership
- Proactively identify, mitigate & manage risks, issues & system interdependencies
- Partner closely with HRBPs & functional heads to resolve inefficiencies in tools, process & workflows as well as finding new methods of efficiency & to support our scaling business with a specific focus on headcount resourcing
- Increase the teams ability to make macro data-driven decisions by creating & developing new analytical approaches & tools that will be used by the senior leadership team to track performance against company OKRs
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelors degree in HR, Finance, Information Systems, or a mathematical or business discipline required, master's degree preferred
- 12+ years of experience in business intelligence, data mining, workforce analytics or market insights at a leadership level demonstrated through your intellectual curiosity & ability to handle high levels of ambiguity
- 12+ years of global compensation & benefits experience, preferably with a high-tech company
- Strategic orientation & demonstrated ability to build complex statistical models needed to understand issues at a detailed level & forecast impacts of change
- Proven track record presenting actionable information from complex research on people analytics to executives & board members
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) a plus
- Experience working with & designing public & private company long-term incentive & deferred compensation programs
- Strong knowledge of relevant ERISA, IRS, & DOL regulations
- Experience dealing with third party vendors
- Knowledge of legal requirements impacting compensation & benefit administration
- Technical knowledge of compensation design, including incentive, commission, & executive compensation program designs & associated tax implications & requirements
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. We are building the operating system for real estate, an end-to-end platform built to support the home buying, selling or renting process, based on an agents workflow. By elevating the most personal parts of the process & using technology to simplify the rest, Compass delivers an incomparable experience to each client in service of our mission. Our proprietary suite of tools helps agents grow their business faster, makes their lives simpler, & creates better outcomes for their clients. At Compass, we have more than 9,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes.
Compass is a Series F venture backed company that recently raised $400M from SoftBank Vision Fund. Other investors include Fidelity, Wellington Management, Institutional Venture Partners, Thrive Capital, Founders Fund & Goldman Sachs.