At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger & the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives & with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development & operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality.
Accurate, high-performance, large scale mapping powers Lyfts mission of providing outstanding transportation experiences. We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to join our team & drive impact at scale in a collaborative start-up environment - helping us build & scale systems that deal with large data storage, real-time data processing, machine/deep learning pipelines, routing & ETA models, driver & passenger location tracking, destination & pickup search & more.
- Build real-time & close to real-time data processing pipelines & storage at scale
- Create large scale pipelines for running ML/computer vision, localization & routing algorithms
- Deploy in production & build scalable distributed systems, with micro-services framework & devops managed systems
- Act as point person for key components that store peta-bytes of data & process millions of data streams
Experience & Skills:
- Expertise in at least one object oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C++, or Python)
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage & database systems (NOSQL - bigtable, Spanner or other NOSQL data stores, kubernetes, workflow systems like Argo)
- Proficiency in algorithm, data structures, complexity analysis & software design
- Ability to decompose complex business problems & lead a team in solving them in a fast-paced but also rigorous fashion
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
- Geospatial - Familiarity with geospatial datasets & services, such as maps, local search, points of interest & business listings data, mobile device location & GPS traces
- Core Infrastructure - Experience with development large scalable distributed systems
- Search & data quality
- Familiarity with service oriented architecture
- Data Processing - experience with large scale data processing pipelines using Kinesis, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive
- Knowledge of machine learning, data mining
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.