Mozilla seeks an experienced Fundraising Operations Manager to ensure its fundraising infrastructure is high-functioning & optimized to support fundraising growth. This important new role will help shape Mozillas fundraising strategies & the technology products it needs to fuel its development. Youll also deliver insightful performance reporting, best-in-class donor relations, & oversee essential fundraising systems.
The Fundraising Operations Manager reports to the Digital Fundraising Lead & manages two full-time Donor Care Specialists. By supporting data-informed fundraising strategies that generate $10M+ annually, this person will deliver excellent donor care for 300K+ donors worldwide.
Succeeding in this role will require strong people management skills & an analytical mentality to lead the infrastructure's ongoing development, enabling the continued growth of Mozillas fundraising.
What youll do
Provide operational fundraising leadership, which ensures that our donation infrastructure supports financial growth & learning:
- Oversee & continuously monitor the tools, processes, & systems for fundraising, including:
- donation processing, including data capture, payments, & receipting
- donor care that supports successful donation processing & donor retention
- stewardship activities that engage donors in our work
- reporting & analysis of performance & giving trends.
- Oversee a productive working relationship with our technology team to make technical improvements & fixes, identify gaps & opportunities & ensure shared technical priorities are met.
- Work closely with other data leaders at the Foundation on shared priorities & cultivate an environment for mutual learning.
- Model leadership that cultivates a collaborative, positive, & inclusive team culture; serves as a cooperative thought partner & sounding board.
- Ensure gift processing & donor relations policies & procedures are documented for training & transparency purposes
- Create & manage the Fundraising Operations annual budget.
- Directly supervise two full-time donor care specialists.
Manage our donation systems & platforms so that they meet our needs:
- Serve as the owner & lead contact for our payment systems (Braintree, Paypal, Stripe), monitor & flag any problems, including fraud attempts, & collaborate with our tech team & vendors around new, improved features.
- Serve as the owner & lead contact for our online donation forms, including receipting, monitoring, & flagging any problems with donation flow, collaborating with our tech team around new, improved features.
- Serve as the owner & lead for donor care services, including case reply management system, monitoring & flagging any systems problems, while collaborating with our tech team around new, improved features.
- Responsible for daily systems checks & triaging with donor care & tech teams.
- Supervise external vendor or agency relationships.
Maintain the highest quality fundraising data & integrity:
- Ensure data is accurate & complete by overseeing the collection, entry, & maintenance processes to provide trustworthy data for building trust with donors & supporting impactful fundraising campaigns & analyses.
- Confirm that fundraising data processes align with Mozillas lean data policy.
- Build dashboards that spot data issues early & ensure they get corrected.
- Put in place preventative measures to avoid repeating problems.
Ensure excellent care & support for our global community of donors:
- Manage two donor care specialists & their systems to ensure efficient, prompt, & accurate service that retains the donor & secures their gifts.
- Directly respond to donor care cases daily, especially on the heels of monthly campaigns.
- Oversee the receipt & acknowledgment system, including handling bounced receipts, receipt requests, updates, & prompt acknowledgment of all gifts.
- Supervise processing of donations made by check, including accurate data entry, bank deposit, & promptly mailed acknowledgment letters.
- Manage matching gift & employee-giving websites & activities.
- Ensure donors that have contributed within the last 30 days or request do not fundraise are blocked from regular fundraising campaigns.
- Oversee renewals of expired credit card donors.
Provide practical insights on fundraising performance through detailed reporting & analysis:
- Provide timely reports for campaign planning & management, financial forecasting & analysis, & fundraising health monitoring & analysis
- Partner with fundraising leadership to define data-informed goals & strategies to enable the growth of donated revenue
- Reconcile fundraising revenue with accounting ledgers
Ensure front-line fundraisers are supported in their work:
- Provide logistical support for small fundraising events, including managing RSVP, guest lists, & any follow-up around donations or receipts
- Support the production & delivery of regular donor communications, including monthly newsletters, blog posts, videos, & other activities
- Provide other support as needed by fundraising leadership
Who youll work with
- Youll be accountable to the Digital Fundraising Lead, who guides all individual grassroots fundraising
- Youll manage two full-time Donor Care specialists who engage with thousands of donors annually & process offline contributions
- Youll partner with the Tech team to find the best tech products for fundraising needs & track fixes for technical problems with our fundraising systems
- Youll work closely with our Data + CRM team to coordinate our data needs & strategies while ensuring adherence to our data policies
- Youll oversee payment & platform vendors to ensure their optimal performance
- Youll work closely with the Finance team around donation & check processing, reconciling, & revenue reporting
- Youll coordinate with the Digital Fundraiser & Email Production Coordinator around donor care & list preparations for online fundraising campaigns
- Youll coordinate with our Donor Relations Manager to ensure we find & cultivate our biggest donors
- Youll help our Institutional Partnerships team with small funder events
What youll bring
- 5-7 years of non-profit fundraising operations experience, including providing excellent online donor care, managing fundraising platforms & systems, & delivering practical performance reporting
- 3+ years experience working with Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack
- 2+ years experience managing & growing staff, including managing remote staff
- Ability to build productive relationships with colleagues across all levels of the organization
- Entrepreneurial approach & experience; youre comfortable with change & focusing on driving both short & long-term results
- Strong organizational, project management, & leadership skills with a love for detail & getting it done right
- Skilled for building effective, productive systems that support excellent donor care & fundraising growth
- Love for customer service that helps the donor feel valued & supported
- Strong interest in Mozillas mission to build a better, healthier internet
We are excited to see additional experience with
- Working successfully at a geographically dispersed, remote staff organization in multiple time zones
- Understanding of technology & human rights issues as well as the funding landscape
Salary & Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair & equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive & market-based salary that takes into consideration the responsibilities & requirements of the role. We aim to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing inclusivity & fairness of our offer process & ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, along with mid-point, for this role in each of the key countries in which we employ staff is listed below. We target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range.
- Germany: 77,973 - 95,300 (mid-point: 86,637)
- UK: 46,884 - 57,302 (mid-point: 52,093)
- Canada: $89,666 - $109,591 (mid-point: $99,629)
- US: $84,308 - $103,043 (mid-point: $93,675)
Depending on the successful candidates location, we may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary that accounts for local job market weighting. This differential is applied to the above ranges depending on the successful candidates location. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with representative examples of salary ranges, along with mid-point, with the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: 51,103 - 62,459 (mid-point: 56,781)
- Toronto: $96,749 - $118,249 (mid-point: $107,499)
- New York: $93,412 - $114,171 (mid-point: $103,791)
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices:
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices & forms of knowledge are crucial to & enrich the companys core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized & Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, & persons of all sexual orientations & gender identities & expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at email@example.com.