The Digital Product team at Harrys is looking for an innovative & passionate Senior Product Designer to join us in our SOHO, Manhattan office to help drive & execute on our bold product vision & deliver delightful & thoughtful experiences for guys all over the world to help them prepare for their day, every day.
The Digital Product Design Team @ Harrys
The Digital Product team represents the customer, & our mission is to build personalized, direct-to-consumer experiences that will delight customers & make their lives easier. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion & uncompromising user focus. We hone in on customer needs & ideate the best experiences to serve them. We then launch, measure & iterate on solutions & never settle until we find the right answer for our customers. We are a highly collaborative team that partners cross-functionally to deliver high performing, maintainable, beautiful customer experiences & always look to improve.
You have an insatiable appetite for understanding your customers & are relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs, sweating the details & tying them back to the big picture. You have a knack for creating intuitive, scalable & functional product designs, you represent the users in every step of the way, keeping them at the heart of what youre building. Thinking information architecture, hierarchy, user flows & UI patterns are second nature to you. You understand why you designed something, & you can advocate for that in our team environment while collaborating with product managers & engineers. You thrive in entrepreneurial & nimble environments, & eat, sleep, & breathe digital media, web cutting edge & best practices, & user behaviors.
- Understand & hone in on user needs, & leverage this understanding to help ideate & define product requirements by collaborating with product & design peers, leveraging low-fi sketches, wireframes, & prototypes to inform the ideation process.
- Conceptualize usable, valuable, consistent & intuitive user experiences across platforms & devices by considering market context, industry & competitive trends, customer feedback, site metrics, & usability findings.
- Work within cross-functional teams, partnering closely with product managers & engineering to define requirements, synthesize ideas & validate designs through user testing.
- Communicate proactively, & collaborate with partner teams to get input on designs & adapt & iterate as needed.
- Have a data-driven mindset. Youll tie your design decisions back to your research & guide the product strategy from the users perspective while keeping business goals & engineering constraints top of mind.
- Be a UX thought leader in our organization, keep up to date & share industry trends & best practices about product design & UX processes.
- Work with creative designers to ensure the integrity of the brand in the final product.
- Juggle multiple priorities & create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Become a subject matter expert on Harrys surfaces.
This describes you:
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer, UX designer, or a similar role, building digital products with increasing responsibility.
- Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent.
- Ability to build user interfaces from scratch that can scale across devices & platforms with comfort.
- Experience in web and/or app development.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates ability to turn high-level ideas & vision into a strong & unique UX & creative solutions, with specific examples of user flows, wireframes & documentation demonstrating your design thinking & ability to tell a user story.
- Expertise in using Sketch & standard design & prototyping tools.
- Experience working in tight collaboration & influencing product, engineering, & marketing teams, with ability to synthesize feedback & input from peers & stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to understand & discuss technical concepts & cost/benefit tradeoffs of different design solutions.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience designing for e-commerce.
- Experience working in-house embedded within product/design teams.
- Experience with agile development process, usability research & testing.
- Ability to prototype using Justinmind / proto.io / Invision / Flinto / Pixate.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS & CMS.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.