Trade Sales Development Associate - New York, NY
At 1stDibs, its our mission to enrich lives with extraordinary design. As a marketplace for furniture, art, jewelry, & fashion, we are continuously invested in creating beautiful experiences for our users, & are currently seeking an accomplished Trade Sales Development Associate to join our Sales & Client Partnerships Team.
As a Trade Sales Development Associate, youll be responsible for driving sales & identifying high potential interior design clients. As trade customers join our Trade 1st program, youll teach our customer about 1stDibs & handhold the sales process through complex orders. To be successful, were looking for a self-starter who can jump in without being asked, who is adaptable to change, & who is comfortable in a startup environment ready to roll up your sleeves, jump in the trenches, & wear multiple hats when necessary.
What you will do:
- Manages inbound sales leads & assists with inquiries
- Proactively monitor orders for unstaffed Trade firms, identifying & solving order friction
- Troubleshoots order issues, such as:
- Site functionality education
- Shipping assistance
- Payment assistant
- Seller negotiation
- Regulation requirements for certain high value sales
- Application of resale certificates
- Ensure that the customer receives an exceptional level of service in every interaction
- Resolve customer issues using critical-thinking & customer support skills
- Liases w/ Customer Experience to identify sales opportunities
- Provides feedback on lead quality & participates in developing ideas for new lead nurturing campaigns or lead channels
- Identifies high potential firms through objective qualification criteria & hands off to the Client Partnerships team
- Attend & contribute to a variety of team meetings, ranging from company-wide to strategy & brainstorming sessions within the group
What you will bring:
- Excitement around building a career in sales
- Bachelor's degree plus 2-3 years experience in either a sales, operations, or customer service role preferred
- Exceptional communication (written & oral), presentation, listening & organization skills
- Superb attention to detail, organizational skills, & timeliness
- Willingness to pitch in to help the team with unforeseen needs & be solution-oriented
- Ability to navigate ambiguity & proactively seek solutions
- Comfort in & willingness to communicate with internal & external stakeholders
- Salesforce experience is key, including Outreach
- Experience working with luxury goods or strong interest in e-commerce a plus
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.