At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for someone who wants to change the future of cities & transportation by joining the Lyft Bikes & Scooters (LBS) team as the Senior Local Marketing Manager, who is the centralized & NYC HQ-based leader for all bike share system local marketing. The Senior Local Marketing Manager will assist in developing & deploying marketing strategy in line with the business objectives that support long-term growth for the company. The Senior Local Marketing Manager is responsible for strategizing, developing & executing end-to-end marketing strategies that drive business results.
Local Marketing is at the forefront of customer engagement, responsible for working with teams to develop strategies, make recommendations, obtain approvals, manage budgets, execute strategies, build & maintain roadmaps, measure performance & act as a key part of Lyfts growth.
The Senior Local Marketing Manager will work closely with the other functional marketing teams to support the roll-out of campaigns, programs & initiatives that drive brand & business metrics across channels & verticals. He/she is the voice, eyes, & ears of the local teams to all HQ counterparts. Additionally, the Senior Local Marketing Manager is responsible for ensuring consistency in the corporate brand, messaging & identity & will act as a thought leader for marketing, taking issues & ideas to internal stakeholders proactively.
The Senior Local Marketing Manager oversees dispersed local marketing managers & their staff in the development of marketing strategy & its execution. He/she will work closely with the Head of Marketing for Bikes & Scooters, along with local territory Market Managers to set marketing goals for Local Marketing Managers & their teams, & will be held accountable to the achievement of core local marketing metrics. He/she will be charged with working cross-functionally with local Market Managers to uncover challenges & opportunities for scale, as well as the growth & development of the marketing teammates in his/her region.
This is a leadership role requiring management of people & projects, advocacy, consultancy, & mediation. It requires a strong & differentiated marketing background, experience working in a matrixed environment, utmost organization of multiple teams & priorities, & the ability to empathize with & advocate for our remote teams. You will lead the strategy for your region, working closely with local on-the-ground experts in its execution. Further, you will look to surface the most creative, strategy aligned & scalable programs from the field. To do that, youll need to build strong relationships with your remote teams & with your cross-functional partners at HQ, & have a vision for how programs & practices can scale for greater efficiency.
You are a people person with experience building & executing on an integrated Marketing strategy & resulting plan & programs, ideally across multiple teams & geographies. You can manage any discussion or presentation across any medium with ease. You can be appropriately persuasive & inspirational, & provide direct feedback. You are adept at seeing patterns & seek out ways to create efficiency across the markets that you serve, and, more so, across the entire Lyft coverage area. You are creative, organized, & driven to serve, grow, & win in your markets, knowing that their success means success for the entire Lyft brand & business.
- The Sr. Local Marketing Manager reports into the Lyft Bikes & Scooters Head of Marketing. He/she oversees eight local marketing teams in our bike share markets.
- Leads, directs, implements & manages marketing programs across the country.
- Collaborates with senior leadership & business planning function to establish strategic plans & objectives. Represents regional perspective in discussion around HQ-led strategies, intended to integrate into local regional marketing plans.
- Makes decisions on administrative or operational matters to ensure effective achievement of marketing objectives
- Conveys a strong grasp of all marketing channels, strategic pillars, brand programs & measurement.
- Contributes to marketing best practices & develops programs for development of core marketing skills, management skills, & other relevant growth tracks for field marketing teams.
- Develops deep knowledge of the regional marketplace & our relative positioning in it in order to lead the shaping of regional & territory level strategy appropriately.
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of the organization's products, key business drivers, users, & market position. Proactively gathers information from various sources to fully understand a local markets situation or challenge.
- Works with Operations, Finance & Marketing Business Planning team to manage local marketing budgets, forecasting, tracking & evaluating to provide transparency of marketing spend effectiveness.
- Manages eight teams, coordinating bi-weekly 1:1s with the local marketing manager in each territory to review overall strategy, budget division, & ongoing wins & losses.
- Shares back all learnings, challenges & wins with the team, looking to uncover opportunities to scale programs, improve processes, or create other efficiencies, & to better communicate all findings to all remote teams.
- Helps coordinate weekly call agendas & quarterly summits.
- Travels to managed markets each quarter
Experience & Skills
- 8+ years experience in marketing, ideally across multiple functions
- Cross-functional collaborator -- youll need to influence & collaborate from afar
- People management experience, ideally of remote teammates, required.
- Project management experience
- Experience in a matrixed environment that demands cross functional work
- Experience working with remote or localized teams
- Start-up experience ideal, but not necessary
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects & teams at once
- Ability to manage work & problem solve autonomously
- Client-facing experience ideal
- A deep connection to Lyfts mission & core values
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.