At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub Berlin, weve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector & inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes & thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 12 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam & Copenhagen & shipped out more than 250 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart & soul of our highly international, fast-paced, & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us & help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career & development opportunities are endless.
Our Engineering, Data, Product & Security teams are located in Berlin & New York & are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services & add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems & have a high output of building & releasing features & engines that make our business thrive & deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
You will be joining the Platform Tribe at HelloTech. Platformforms a stable & fresh environment for our talented teams of developers to thrive. As well as building a great foundation, Platform is also responsible for spreading their knowledge throughout the other tribes, they make sure everyone is taking advantage of the easy to use infrastructure, & applying the best practices when it comes to Continuous Delivery, Containerisation, Performance, Security etc.
- Building & maintaining platform tools & API services
- Working with Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform
- Guide & educate the engineering organisation about operations & reliability
- Pair with both your squad members & engineers in the greater organisation to spread knowledge & best practices
Who we are looking for
- Solid Experience as a software developer (Golang or Python)
- You have experience with making tools for Cloud Infrastructure (eg. AWS, Azure), Kubernetes & most of the following technologies: Helm, Docker, Terraform, Graylog, Prometheus, Jaeger
- You are experienced in CI/CD methods & practices
- Good understanding of the SLIs, SLOs, & SLAs concepts
- Solid Linux background
- You have experience working with relational & document databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- You LOVE to automate things, you are very good at bash
- You are passionate about mentoring & sharing knowledge
It would be beneficial if you also have the following:
- Experience working with Kubernetes CRDs
- Experience working with event-driven architectures using RabbitMQ and/or Kafka
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin & visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning & development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse & vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series & knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighbouring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.