Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help further expand our research & product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our technology team in the area of Natural Language Processing (NLP). In this role, you will be responsible for translating business & functional requirements into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing, & deployment of highly reliable, scalable, & secure services. You will also partner with epidemiologists, biostatisticians, & other engineers to help invent & implement ML/NLP solutions using models, algorithms, etc. Candidates should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods & usage patterns. This role will have a direct impact on the vision & roadmap for Machine Learning & Predictive Modeling initiatives within Aetion.
The following duties include, but are not limited to...
- Designing, developing & maintaining core Aetion platform features & services
- Helping define product features, driving platform architecture, & spearheading best practices to enable a quality product
- Working with scientists & other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, & evaluate technical feasibility
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or related field
- 7+ years of experience with algorithms, data structures, & object-oriented programming
- Basic understanding of Machine Learning fundamentals & Deep Learning
- Solid knowledge in Natural Language Processing
- Strong programming skills in at least one object oriented programming language (Python, Java, Scala, C++, etc.); Scala strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge of big data analytics engines such as Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Strong motivation to learn new algorithms, new application areas & new tools
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Industry experience as a Senior-level Machine Learning Engineer or related work experience (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, & extracting insights from large datasets
- Knowledge of or experience in building production quality applications related to Machine Learning & Natural Language Processing
- Experience with at least one of the modern distributed ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet
- Experience with the AWS technology stack
- Experience with statistical programming languages such as R
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, & unlimited PTO
- Awards Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.